Active Topics

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Nokia's solution is funny http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Maem...g/td-p/1879232
??????????? Are they mad or what??
It would have been better if they didn't answer at all...

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Brazil
OMG!

Unfortunately the Dropbox sharing plugin is not anymore operational on Nokia N9. As a workaround, you may check for alternative solutions from Nokia Store.

Joke!

Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
I meant my own app, Dropian.
However, I spoke to people inside Nokia and they are aware of the plugin problem.
Why Dropbox?
Delta sync. Google about it.
Hi, one question, seen Nokia has answered they do not plan to fix the pugin problem, would it be possible for you to offer us an update of Dropian to upload a photo directly from the gallery? I saw I have the direct share option with Rocket and I thought it may be possible to use dropian for dropbox instead of the native which is useless now

Unfortunately the Dropbox sharing plugin is not anymore operational on Nokia N9. As a workaround, you may check for alternative solutions from Nokia Store.

Can you believe the nerve of this crap company? I'm not surprised that this is their answer...Eflop has turned this company into a mere extension of Microsoft
What this tells us is that there will be NO fixes for software or plugins that shipped with the phone. It's not like people are asking for new features or for a new PR with new bells and whistles.
All we're asking for is for software and plugins that SHIPPED with the phone to be supported or fixed.

If we really wanted to start a stink we could make a complaint to the EU Consumer Centre. Since the N9 was announced on Sept 29, 2011 the 2 year warranty guaranteed by the EU against defective products hasn't expired yet. I'm sure a case could be made that the phone does not work as advertised with broken software plugins, etc.

I'm just ranting and letting off some steam...

SB

...just ridiculous. I've never seen a company so willing to destroy their reputation despite all of the loyalty to the brand around the world. They did it to themselves. Lots of people just need fired.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I got the official word Dropbox and Evernote plugins will not be fixed.
I'll try to provide the same functionality in Dropian as fast as humanly possible.
About Evernote, best to contact Notekeep app developer and ask for the bugfix update.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
I figured that we are on our own so I used this code as a template for building my own SugarSync sharing plugin (I basically have no time to maintain/develop it - hence I haven't made it public).
If someone wants to adopt the project for use with dropbox I can send him the code. I found that the examples by Nokia are incomplete - there are many trial and error situations and debugging these plugins is a nightmare so a complete project could provide useful.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Wow, another Croatian!
Email that on knobtviker at gmail dot com please!
I was about to follow examples....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Thank you guys.. Both of you

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
It seems that there still isn't a way to sync Dropbox with full paths on the N9.

I'd really like this feature to do development on device.

Is the DropN900 the only opensource project with the sync ability (and hasn't anybody ported it to N9)?

I'm a developer (with not much experience in Dropbox or web stuff, more experience on OpenGL related stuff with C++). I might be interested to try working on some solutions for syncing with paths. (But don't count on me doing it, as I have other projects.)

What would be the best starting point for a (preferably) C++ app. (Can be command line or GUI, I don't care. As long as it's opensource so that there's something that works already). Should I just try porting DropN900 (which is written in python)... Is there some reason why that can't be done? Or is there some other project or example that could get me started?

The Following User Says Thank You to Aurinko For This Useful Post: