Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I downloaded the newer maps a couple of days ago using XP and following bun's procedure, no problem.

For the guys trying with Win7: have you tried to enable XP compatibility mode? If I remember correctly you'd need to right click on the mapload application icon and (under properties / compatibility) check and enable "run this program in compatibility mode for Win XP".

Somebody try and report back?
I have tried that in Vista 32-bit. Does not help. Nokia Map Loader can't find my N900. And I have used the map application on the N900 before.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ulrik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Spain, EU
Originally Posted by hippo View Post
Is not working for me on WinXP.

After installing the specified version ... I run it and it would not work until I updated to the latest.

After that its just telling me that it can not find the phone.
And it wants me to put it in PC Suite Mode.
It works here. The N900 is in mass storage mode, and I have Ovi Suite installed, not PC Suite:

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevloral For This Useful Post:
I will try on Windows XP later today. Maybe its just a no-go on Vista.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
And for those without a windows machine, can we have a huge tarball per continent? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
I downloaded the newer maps a couple of days ago using XP and following bun's procedure, no problem.

For the guys trying with Win7: have you tried to enable XP compatibility mode? If I remember correctly you'd need to right click on the mapload application icon and (under properties / compatibility) check and enable "run this program in compatibility mode for Win XP".

Somebody try and report back?
Tried and failed D:

The Following User Says Thank You to Akatsushi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
Well bunanson, your fine step by step did not work for me.
Could it really be because I am using Vista 32-bit?
Have NOT been reported working on Vista. Dont know why. Some guru may want to chime in

bun

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
It works here. The N900 is in mass storage mode, and I have Ovi Suite installed, not PC Suite:

Greetings.
which version of ovi suite are you using?
afaik, ovi suite didnt recognize n900.

i am also trying from a windows 32 bit machine and phone keeps on waiting...

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
I can hereby confirm that Nokia Map Loader works with the N900 using Windows XP 32-bit. And that it does not work when using Windows Vista 32-bit.

I can also confirm that bunanson step by step guide is correct.

The Nokia Map Loader can be downloaded here:
http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...d#/nokia-n900/

Also, there is no need to have installed or install Ovi Suite or PC Suite. The Nokia Map Loader will be sufficient.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
For those that don't have access to a computer booting Windows, I managed to make it work (or at least to make it seem to work) in XP 64-bit under QEMU.

I have to say that I did not finish the download (it was taking too long and I had to vacate the computer), and I ended up downloading the maps in a Windows computer at work, so YMMV. But I see no reason for it not to work. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to pablob For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that bunason step by step guide is correct and Ulrik's post - YES, it will work on a XP machine, Service pack 2 machine. PC Suite is not required. I used an old Dell laptop with XP home edition, put SP2 with .NET. Loaded Nokia Map Loader fine and all steps work. I suspect it is due to the XP SP2 OS

It does NOT work on a MacBook running Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit even if you use the compatibility set to XP Service Pack 2 for the Nokia Maps Loader.

Hope this helps.....

Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
I can hereby confirm that Nokia Map Loader works with the N900 using Windows XP 32-bit. And that it does not work when using Windows Vista 32-bit.

I can also confirm that bunanson step by step guide is correct.

The Nokia Map Loader can be downloaded here:
http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...d#/nokia-n900/

Also, there is no need to have installed or install Ovi Suite or PC Suite. The Nokia Map Loader will be sufficient.

The Following User Says Thank You to rleveque For This Useful Post:

Tags
gps, landmark, maploader, ovi maps, poi