Active Topics

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
You'll thank me when I actually do something

Standalone python client should work OTA with all the calendars from the account.

Will keep you posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Having basic (one way only) support for multiple calendars should be a day of coding. Two way sync is a bit more difficult, but again it should be possible in a week or so.

I can write a sync client in the beginning of December when we get our devices, unless someone will do it first.
Using new code, Conduit or syncevolution? I suggest you start on it now, the final SDK has everything you need and having a nice Control Panel applet and well-behaved background sync for multiple Google Calendars to Evolution's calendar on Maemo would be a big plus.

It's also worth seeing if Khertan is doing anything with mCalendar - keeping it as its own UI, or changing it to be a sync agent.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
I will probably use python that can be either launched as requested or work in the background. It won't be a speed demon, but should still work fairly well.

I have checked the situation with N810 and I can confirm that Python API from Google works and allows requesting all the calendars from the account.

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
I will probably use python that can be either launched as requested or work in the background. It won't be a speed demon, but should still work fairly well.
Have you looked at the code from Erminig? It's two way sync between Google and the GPE calendar written in python, with a GTK UI and command line interface.

From what I recall from digging round in the code a while ago, the interface to the GPE calendar was fairly modular and it should be possible to replace it with one that accesses the native backend.

The Following User Says Thank You to charlie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
I can confirm that there are issues with sync-ing.
The first sync seems to have been correct (I didn't check all fields in all contacts though).

However if I update a contact in Google Contacts it doesn't get pulled down in the phone.
I get these "connection errors" to the server.

Is there any update on this issue ?

wow that is not good.. can anyone else confirm this?

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
I can confirm that there are issues with sync-ing.
The first sync seems to have been correct (I didn't check all fields in all contacts though).

However if I update a contact in Google Contacts it doesn't get pulled down in the phone.
I get these "connection errors" to the server.

Is there any update on this issue ?
I filed bug 5835 a few weeks ago about the contacts not syncing with Google correctly. That is known internally to Nokia as evidenced by the internal bug number it has.

how about calendar sync?

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
calendar sync works like a charm!

Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
calendar sync works like a charm!
how about gmail notifications?