Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Best advice is to either copy and paste within a linux / Windoze environment into something like wordpad before saving and importing the file onto your phone. If you have already done this it may be screwed up Windoze metadata cocking up the config.

I'm pretty sure I used Wordpad to copy / paste into and it was fine, but I had strange metadata symbols all over the place after using both phone to copy and paste and also Notepad within Windoze.

Either Notepad or Wordpad will do it without screwing up the file with crappy metadata, try both of those - if it doesn't work post back.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Another strange symbol, this time next to 'Temperature', it reads 43A°C.

Screenshot attached.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks
It seems Conky has problems with the "°" symbol - if you remove it the "A" disappears

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Just removed it and all is fine, weird error though

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
It seems Conky has problems with the "°" symbol - if you remove it the "A" disappears
Conky is fine with the ° symbol, it's the metadata that accompanies it dependant on the source symbol location and the method used to transpose it into the conky.conf file.

Try the workaround I posted above, I actually recall using Wordpad in W7 and trying various fonts to get the effect I needed without digging too deep into the metadata - and then found out it was this that caused the issue and not the original source file or font.

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Conky is fine with the ° symbol, it's the metadata that accompanies it dependant on the source symbol location and the method used to transpose it into the conky.conf file.

Try the workaround I posted above, I actually recall using Wordpad in W7 and trying various fonts to get the effect I needed without digging too deep into the metadata - and then found out it was this that caused the issue and not the original source file or font.
Is there any way to insert this properly on the N900 itself? I tried in Leafpad but I just got the A back again.

Might be better if people post the conf files direct rather than relying on using the browser to copy/paste from - I gave up trying to get MicroB to play ball.

There was also a space missing before the "|" symbol for the mmc1 line which might only be noticeable if the card is less than 10MB - don't think that was down to the editor as I can't see it on the forum either.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Here. I beautified conky.

Done using MyPaint in 30 seconds.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Notepad++ on xp did the trick, I now have a degree sign in conky with no dodgey A.

Microsoft Expression web 1 used to do a similar thing to php files screwing with the page encoding.

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Notepad++ on xp did the trick, I now have a degree sign in conky with no dodgey A.

Microsoft Expression web 1 used to do a similar thing to php files screwing with the page encoding.
That's odd as I use Notepad++ but on Win7 - I've made my own tweaks now on the N900 using Leafpad so I don't want to lose them. Any ideas how I can put the degree sign in correctly on the N900 itself? The symbol table in the editor doesn't seem to work

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
That's odd as I use Notepad++ but on Win7 - I've made my own tweaks now on the N900 using Leafpad so I don't want to lose them. Any ideas how I can put the degree sign in correctly on the N900 itself? The symbol table in the editor doesn't seem to work
Same problem, didn't work in leafpad on N900, notepad or wordpad on xp so I used good old Notepad++ (love it!).

Make sure your page encoding is set to UTF-8 without BOM

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Montpellier, FRANCE
Hi,

I've been the same problem and i solved it with Notepad++ under Win7. Convert and Encode the file in UTF-8 format.

Also I added this line in the configuration file: override_utf8_locale yes

The Following User Says Thank You to GaRy delaMEr For This Useful Post:

Tags
conky, fix it yourself, post your conky