Active Topics

Notices

For me, the performance is OK. The real problem is selecting text on a web page or manipulating with a drag (like you do to move the map in google maps). I found it difficult to believe that you could not do this, I thought it was just a question of finding out how. I had a query out with firefox support and it finally came back...

"Reply notification: How can I select text within a page?

Mark Finkle has posted a reply to a thread you're watching.
You can view the thread and reply at the following URL:

https://mobile.support.mozilla.com/t...=35#threadId57

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fennec currently does not support selecting text in a web page. We have this as a feature for the next release."

Chocolate tea pots come to mind.

Jon

I think that it not so good as MicroB, but it is quite good.

In some sense it looks to me motr stable than MicroB but alsp alittle slow.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by leiter View Post
So since the volume +/- Button are not used for uooming
The volume buttons work here for zooming in and out. The only annoyance is that they also adjust the volume in parallel - which is confusing.

Originally Posted by ofels View Post
The volume buttons work here for zooming in and out. The only annoyance is that they also adjust the volume in parallel - which is confusing.
I tried again right now but it's not working on my n900.
They adjust volume but there is no zooming in firefox mobile.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I could not use the volume buttons but Ctrl + Up/down works for zoom. I had to hold the symbol button to press up/down else it would be left/right since I have the Swedish layout.

totally agree, the new firefox is nothing to sing about, rendering pages seems to be delayed whilst the content is built up in the background then ...Pow it all appears at once. oh and whilst it is in this process you cannot continue to view the page unlike the built in browser. I think the built in one is far superior on rendering and the zoom function. its also lightning fast and more compatible then firefox.

does anyone know how to post a topic for discussion? totally unrelated to this topic but I would like someone to code up a GUI and provide global search facilities for the N900 instead of shelling out to terminal and using the Grep and find commands to find contents via CLI. This should be possible like all other nokias where you can simply find information inside files. You shouldn't have to use a CLI to do this.

Any help posting this in the right area would be appreciated

Cheers

C

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by cliffordpascal View Post
does anyone know how to post a topic for discussion? totally unrelated to this topic but I would like someone to code up a GUI and provide global search facilities for the N900 instead of shelling out to terminal and using the Grep and find commands to find contents via CLI. This should be possible like all other nokias where you can simply find information inside files. You shouldn't have to use a CLI to do this.

Any help posting this in the right area would be appreciated

Cheers

C
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34934

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Is there "any" way to get the xmradio "online" account to play via Fennec or microB? I believe it is an *.asx stream, but using a "flash based player".
I think mplayer can play it, if you can somehow get the link from the website and then play it with mplayer you should be good. I don't have a subscription so I've never tried. There is also a python sirius/xm player called sipie that uses mplayer, maybe it could be packaged for maemo.

Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Along those lines, any way to get access to one's slingbox via sling.com (i.e. set browser to not present itself as "mobile")?
No, this one is impossible. The web-based slingplayer add-on is a win32 program (i think a Mac OS X version recently went to beta status). Sling has said before that they presently have no plans to support Linux or Maemo for either the web-based player or the standalone desktop/mobile slingplayer.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by leiter View Post
I tried again right now but it's not working on my n900.
They adjust volume but there is no zooming in firefox mobile.
I stand corrected- 1.0 does not any more. I am pretty sure it did in one of the RC versions because it confused me that both, volume and zooming, were affected by the buttons.

Tags
application, browser, fennec, firefox, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, web browser