Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
OK, got it working...

Now at some point I could use help with the reg codes.

Other issues/questions:This may seem like I am complaining, but really just looking to see if anyone else has overcome any of these issues.

Has anyone been able to do anything with the portrait/landscape issue and allowing for fullscreen? In Ereader for example, I cannot get a combination of Landscape in fullscreen. I chose the TX setting for device hoping that it would allow for fullscreen. Not to mention the resolution is extremely poor. I realize the two devices are very different in their resolution so I guess I shouldn't expect much. Has anyone tried the fontsmoothing app to remedy this?

That's enough for now, will have more later!
For 1:1 ratio, landscape mode will look the best.

Portrait mode zooms 1.5 of the original screen so that will look a little funny.

Those are your two choices, choosing what palm device should not effect graphics in any way.

For reg codes, you can start by grabbing your old Palm handheld, start up one of your paid apps, then within the program click on info, help, about.... whatever one will give you the device number. You'll need that eventually.

Cheers!

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Addison: SWEET thanks...

FYI, I haven't gone through the configuration to read a DB from the SD card. Is that still needed with this release?

As far as device ID goes, I have 2 devices; Sony Clie and Palm Centro. Should I avoid the Clie info as it is not a true Palm device or does that matter?

thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah, you need to set up at least one SD card slot using the thread that Pushwall suggested.

For now, just find the device number on your Centro for those paid apps you mentioned previously.

It also couldn't hurt to try and get familiar with trying to hotsync.

Sorry for the shortness but I'm visiting with the family today and I'm also nauseous over all the farting that's been going on here.

"Sorry for the shortness but I'm visiting with the family today and I'm also nauseous over all the farting that's been going on here. "

No prob...I get it!

Getting the kids ready to head out here as well!

maybe later this evening or tomorrow, in the mean time I will continue research inbetween rounds of eating

Hi guys,
is there anybody with a N900 who could try if the n810-Version works with the mentioned gadget?
Anyway I´m wondering what ACCESS is going to offer 2010.

treofant

Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
I wonder if EDGE will run on the new Garnet version....

Edge: http://www.zanegames.com/
Yes Edge runs on this version and previous ones too. The only problem seems to be sound. For the most part sound doesn't work,...but sometimes it does,....very flaky to be sure!

Has anyone been able to do anything with the portrait/landscape issue and allowing for fullscreen? In Ereader for example, I cannot get a combination of Landscape in fullscreen. I chose the TX setting for device hoping that it would allow for fullscreen. Not to mention the resolution is extremely poor. I realize the two devices are very different in their resolution so I guess I shouldn't expect much. Has anyone tried the fontsmoothing app to remedy this?
You're right it doesn't seem to do a fullscreen landscape mode. I display it in portrait mode with large font and font smoothing. It works for me, but then again my eyes aren't what they used to be so I don't notice that the resolution isn't super sharp.

Do I need a "Device Number" or a "User ID"?

I found a User ID that I assigned the device.

Do I need a "Device Number" or a "User ID"?

I found a User ID that I assigned the device.
Whatever you're looking at is going to be a little different than the following screen shot, but it should be somewhat similar to this:

The number you're looking for is right after your account name, which in my case is "James".

Addison:

Well I forgot that the registered apps are on the Sony Clie not the Centro so here are a couple numbers I found on the device.

MEID: A100000434610F

pESN: 80C1A628

Secondly, I have no plans to hotsync the n810. I haven't done this with any of my devices for at least a couple years...just don't have a need.

Finally, is there a trick to getting the Palm App to access the NIT's wifi connection? I noticed people are using Pocket Tunes or Mundo for example.

and...is the GVM running the Palm OS 5? Isn't that what the "Garnet" is from? Just wanted to verify...thx

Last edited by coosbaytv; 2009-11-29 at 19:05.

Tags
garnet, palm