Poll: Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?
Poll Options
Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I hope to use my N900 (from 04/2011) and N9 (11/2011) until 2013-14, as in my opinion a top smartphone has a useful life of approx. to 3 years.

In 2014 we can expect some Canonical's planned Ubuntu in tablets and smartphones.
I am looking forward for this too. I am hoping for an integrated solution that can sync the Ubuntu-Desktop with the phone flawlessly. Canonical would be the only real open-source-player in the game as Android isn't entirely free.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Or Ubuntu for Android in 2012-13.
The second-best solution in my eyes- would have the advantage that it should run on nearly every device and it will not depend on a single hardware OEM.
But I would prefer a dedicated OS with its own genuine Linux-Kernel.

My opinion on Nokia: see yourself
What a pitty, it was really good hardware...

CU Michael

The Following User Says Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This type of blind loyalty doesn't help progress nor does it help Nokia to see that they need to cater to customers, rather than the other way around as it appears they've understood.
Partially agreed, but may be I'm quite contented with what I get. I don't need dual or quad cores, 3.5" - 4" excellent screen size, haven't gone up than 8GB storage on my phone, so 32GB is kind of useless to me. Oh and certainly I don't need 100K apps.

I've had phones from every major manufacturer but more I used them the more I loved Nokia.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
How's that blind loyalty going for you?
Loving every moment of it and any new development at Nokia HQ brings smile on my face

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
No more NOKIAs for me. N900 lost its USB port, N9 is at PALCO after becoming inoperable from pr1.2 update. Lumia works as dumb touch phone. They have lost their quality, their outsourced support is third class and they threw away whatever differentiation they had.

NOKIA will become a study in incompetence and inability of a dinosaur corporation to adapt to new ways. NOKIA failure will be a required reading for bizness students.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
They have lost their quality, their outsourced support is third class and they threw away whatever differentiation they had.
Oh they outsourced their support? That explains the F-ing annoying/unproductive e-mail conversation i had with them this weekend.

Me: I am trying to download the app "Restore AccuWeather for Meego" from the store but it fails with an "unknown download error".

"Jenny": Thank you for contacting Nokia support. I advise you to uninstall the application and try again.

Me: Eh, i already uninstalled the app, that's why i want to download the RESTORE AccuWeather app.

"Jenny": I advise you to contact the author of the application, you can reach him at http://bisekilde.wordpress.com or e-mail to (ali.ersoz@gmail.com).

Me: What?? "Ali Ersoz" is not the author of the AccuWeather app, it's accuweather.com at support@accuweather.com. Also, Accuweather is an official N9 app and Nokia carries the primary responsibility when an app cannot be downloaded from the store. Again, the problem is not that the app doesn't function correctly, but that i can't even start downloading it from your store.

[no further reply from "Jenny"]

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to litemotiv For This Useful Post:
Hei litemotiv, if you get any news or solution for this problem (error downloading the "Restore AccuWeather app for Meego") please let me know, because I have the same problem
It is really annoying...

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
No...not a chance. These specs are as of 'today'. The amount of time it would take Nokia to produce this would be 2013-ish. Not to mention all of the broken promises that will come with it. You're only allowed to do that to me once.

Besides, no one wants last years specs. And if you don't believe this line of thinking then you're telling me that you NEVER upgrade an app (which is bulls#it) because it's the same premise. We will always want the lastest.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scribbles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Loving every moment of it and any new development at Nokia HQ brings smile on my face [/QUOTE]

FYI now nokia have no soul, its more like microsoft doll right now, oh about the dual or maybe quadcore, at least dont sell them product within the same range(overpriced one), it will be fair enough then,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Brian_7 View Post
You forgot to add "nokia support"
My favourite comment in this thread (-:

(yeah that's right, my smiley's the wrong way round, that's how I roll)

I treat my N9 like a newborn baby, because I know that when I mess it up and can't buy another one brand new because remember only 12 were made (thanks for the info Eldar), I'll be sad, because there won't be another brand new top-end Nokia made by Nokia with Nokia and running Nokia. So it'll have to be the iPhone 17 or whatever else is out when I'm done with my N9 in 10 years.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
No...not a chance. These specs are as of 'today'. The amount of time it would take Nokia to produce this would be 2013-ish.
Good point. The fact that people are still waiting on a dual core, if not quad core chipset from Nokia paired with an OS we'd care about shows where Nokia is in regards to hardware innovation.

So far, Nokia has differentiated themselves with digital cameras and (prior) quality built Finnish work. The latter is now going away and folks are catching up on the optics.

Not to mention all of the broken promises that will come with it. You're only allowed to do that to me once.
Pfft. 770, N810, N900 and N9. Some of us, even more than that... but some of us keep returning.

Personally, I'm done. Going to let Nokia enjoy their WP7 path.

Besides, no one wants last years specs. And if you don't believe this line of thinking then you're telling me that you NEVER upgrade an app (which is bulls#it) because it's the same premise. We will always want the lastest.
Quoted for emphasis and truth.

Last edited by gerbick; 2012-03-12 at 08:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Hints people, hints.

Count the number of threads saying:
- 'F U Nokia'
- 'F U Elop'
- 'F U iPhone/Android/Symbian/etc'
- 'Goodbye Nokia'
- 'HEy what if Nokia does...'
- 'Check out this imaginary device that I just dreamt instead of the Nokia p.o.s that I have'
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, free oss, goodbyenokia, idiot thread, idiotibrakalifa, schizophrenia, tizen doa, tizen lives, tizen schmizen, troll fest!