Active Topics

The four screws that hold the slider mechanism to the main body are easily accessible by removing the battery cover. When looking at the back of phone with the cover off, they are the top 4 PH0 phillips head screws (2 on each side). My screen wasn't even loose and I noticed a difference when I tightened the screws on mine a few months back. Just don't go overboard, b/c the screws aren't quality.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
I just sent my phone away as the screen is very loose, it actually pivots when its halfway open and there is a gap between the screen and the phone.

UPS charges a arm and leg to ship something insured and signature required.

Last edited by Pogi; 2010-04-19 at 21:10.

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I just got my N900 yesterday (used unfortunately/I got ripped off on eBay for a new one. Had to go a cheaper one after that).
The screen wobbles quite a bit on slide up. I'm going to torque up the 4 screws on the rear as suggested above! THANKS!

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I`m always opening mine with TWO hands....you start getting problems with the slider when you open the phone with one hand....

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The four screws that hold the slider mechanism to the main body are easily accessible by removing the battery cover. When looking at the back of phone with the cover off, they are the top 4 PH0 phillips head screws (2 on each side). My screen wasn't even loose and I noticed a difference when I tightened the screws on mine a few months back. Just don't go overboard, b/c the screws aren't quality.
Good to know, thanks! My slider has gotten a little loose, it doesn't take as much force as it use too to push it up. If it gets really loose I'll tighten it up then.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Hmm, mine is holding great and I've had it since late Nov. I also carry it in the back pocket and in some car seats it's so stressed I find it open - keyboard slid out. Still, no issues, it feels like unboxed 5 minutes ago.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
Four months later with mine and still solid as on day one.

mine was a little shaky then my gf decided to get coke on it and now its all stiff

mine is still solid. Only problem is it scratches the right of the keyboard :/

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm starting to feel guilty because my N900 is holding up perfectly in every way despite heavy use.

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider