Active Topics

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by rs-px View Post
Incidentally, we wouldn't have this issue if Nokia had a decent supply chain in the UK, and properly enforced RRPs, like most other tech companies (Nintendo, Apple etc).
Probably just a play.com issue. I think price fixing is illegal.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Probably just a play.com issue. I think price fixing is illegal.
Yes, it's illegal under EU rules.

But I notice that the price of Ninentdo DS LItes is pretty much the same wherever you go. The only difference is with the bundled add-ons. The Apple iPod touch is priced the same wherever you go.

Compare that to the N800 in the UK. Lowest price: £150. Highest price: £279. It's just crazy. Needless to say, some of the lower-priced retailers are a little dodgy, but we're forced to use them because of Nokia's screwball retail chain.

Nokia's a large multinational company. We shouldn't have to go through this to buy their stuff.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Well, If some orders were complited, we should soon hear wow's from happy customers. All I want to know is should I order a n800 from play.com. If they realy play with customers like that, I don't want to take part in their games. All I want is a new n800 as cheap as possible.

Has anybody's arrived yet? Mine hasn't.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Near Oxford, UK
Mine still says 'Order taken' when I check. I can still cancel the order too... so.. no, nothing...

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I happen to have been very jammy, was looking to buy from Play but had got fed up waiting... then my brother discovered that a trusted friend in california was coming to England, and Amazon.com were happy to take my UK credit card but have the item delivered to Calif... bought two for US$260 all inclusive.

Good result! Play.com still says 'Order Taken'....

My guess is that Play are waiting for the official OS2008 release, which could be weeks away. I cancelled my order yesterday and ordered one from expansys, it arrived this morning Although it was 40 quid more expensive

IanH, IMO £40 is a low price to pay for not being yanked around. I'd do the same if I wouldn't have found an N800 already (the one from Play.com is now for my friend). Play.com still says 'Order Taken'.

Continued looking for cheap prices so I can tell Play.com where to go... Haven't succeeded.

Some company called inkino.co.uk offer an N800 for £184.95, but they also add-in a whopping £9 delivery charge, making for £195 in total. Add-in the fact their website seems to have been created with the Fisher Price My-First-E-Commerce-Kit (always wary of online shops whose sites don't display properly -- it's a bit like walking into a real shop that's got shelves falling off), and I'd give this one a wide berth.

So I'm back to waiting for PlayAroundWithYourCustomers.com