Active Topics

Originally Posted by orig_nuttah View Post
from Nokia.co.uk and nokiaretail.co.uk (which is same as MPD) and the reply is....
No its not (and I wish people would stop saying it!) Nokia.co.uk is run by Nokia and Nokiaretail.co.uk is run by MPD.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by orig_nuttah
from Nokia.co.uk and nokiaretail.co.uk (which is same as MPD) and the reply is....
Originally Posted by Ovek View Post
No its not (and I wish people would stop saying it!) Nokia.co.uk is run by Nokia and Nokiaretail.co.uk is run by MPD.
Isn't that what he also said? At least that's how I read it.

i.e.
Nokia = nokia.co.uk
MPD = nokiaretail.co.uk & mobilephonesdirect.co.uk

Nokia.co.uk is THE NOKIA lol and nokiaretail is the actual retailer for NOKIA but MPD is the only website advertising it... if you check, MPD directs you to nokiaretail.co.uk

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
I just spoke with a representative of Nokia Shop (shop.nokia.co.uk) asking about when to expect delivery of a preordered item.

I didn't mention N900 or give my order number - he asked straight away "is that for an N900?" :-D

Anyway, he said all the preorders are being shipped today and Monday, and that I'll get an email when it is shipped.

As I have ordered express delivery, it should take "1 working day", whatever that means in practice.

Needless to say, I haven't received an email yet. But then, I was rather late in the queue, ordering only 1 month ago :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Ovek View Post
It's not surprising people get confused. The two sites use identical colour schemes and UI graphics. Just compare the two:

http://shop.nokia.co.uk/
http://nokiaretail.co.uk/

When I first looked yesterday, I had to check the "About" link to find out they are not just different sites to the same company.

If they didn't have some kind of franchise/licensing arrangement, nokiaretail.co.uk would have been sued for ripping off the graphics and passing themselves off as a Nokia clone....

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
GOOD NEWS GUYS

Just called nokia direct and they confirmed me that our nokias n900 will be shiped from monday so all of u who ordered it like me from them by special delivery will get it latest by wednesday!!!!!
Im so happy now, finaly we got some solid days...

The Following User Says Thank You to andy_x_net For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Manchester, UK
Btw if u cancel yr orders from nokia retail or MPD now and call directly nokia on 08003316021 and order by special delivery u get one by friday

The Following User Says Thank You to andy_x_net For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by orig_nuttah View Post
if you check, MPD directs you to nokiaretail.co.uk
True, but only for the last two weeks.
When i pre-ordered in sept - MPD had their own ordering pages separate to Nokia Retail - but being the same beast, it makes sense to sell on the same page

Youll all have to excuse me if I reserve my excitement for now. ( Nokia induced pessimism ).

Why do people think you are getting them next week? Its already been confirmed they are shipping in December from MPD and nokiaretail

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud