Active Topics

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I rang the Nokia flagship store in London earlier and spoke to a guy who said that they would be getting the n900 in on Thurs, but by Fri at the very latest.
Managed to get myself all excited and rushed down there to sign up as waiting until the 3rd is driving me up the wall.
Got in there and the guy doing contracts (Jon) is a MPD employee :-(
I did have an interesting conversation with him though - unless you have ordered a sim free handset from Nokia directly, then NO-ONE will have a n900 before MPD in the UK.
He was absolutely adamant about that, and was sure that MPD would be getting the n900 at exactly the same time that the London flagship store would be.
They are hoping for delivery this week (Thurs/Fri) but it isn't certain at the moment - its just hoping based on what Nokia are saying, but they have already delayed it once and he said it's possible that they might again.
One interesting thing he said was that if the Nokia store get them in and MPD haven't, then I could go see him and I might be able to switch my order and they would try and price match it. But he did again state that the moment the NFS had them, MPD would as well, apparently Nokia have a legal obligation to ensure that MPD are the first...
He also reckoned that the 3rd was a conservative estimate - take that as you will?!?

I want my bloody phone - Im 38 and behaving like a 6yr old on xmas eve

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
I rang the Nokia flagship store in London earlier and spoke to a guy who said that they would be getting the n900 in on Thurs, but by Fri at the very latest.
Managed to get myself all excited and rushed down there to sign up as waiting until the 3rd is driving me up the wall.
I did have an interesting conversation with him though - unless you have ordered a sim free handset from Nokia directly, then NO-ONE will have a n900 before MPD in the UK.
He was absolutely adamant about that, and was sure that MPD would be getting the n900 at exactly the same time that the London flagship store would be.
They are hoping for delivery this week (Thurs/Fri) but it isn't certain at the moment - its just hoping based on what Nokia are saying, but they have already delayed it once and he said it's possible that they might again.
One interesting thing he said was that if the Nokia store get them in and MPD haven't, then I could go see him and I might be able to switch my order and they would try and price match it. But he did again state that the moment the NFS had them, MPD would as well, apparently Nokia have a legal obligation to ensure that MPD are the first...
He also reckoned that the 3rd was a conservative estimate - take that as you will?!?

Me too (thought not 38)!!

I have read so much stuff now I'm just gonna assume I'll get it by the 3rd, if it comes earlier then it's a bonus. I too have read somewhere that MPD were expecting them Thursday and be ready to dispatch by Mon 30th. God knows how reliable that is and I can't even remember where I read/heard that, so don't take it as fact!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Me too (thought not 38)!!

I have read so much stuff now I'm just gonna assume I'll get it by the 3rd, if it comes earlier then it's a bonus. I too have read somewhere that MPD were expecting them Thursday and be ready to dispatch by Mon 30th. God knows how reliable that is and I can't even remember where I read/heard that, so don't take it as fact!
Hehe i'm holding out home for postage on the 4th, if not, the 7th - an xtra few days - but if i prepare myself by drinking all weekend (5th/6th), it will fly by!

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post

Conservative?? Jesus Christ, If I haven't got mine by next Friday at the very latest I'm going to make one hell of a bl00dy nuisance of myself and then threaten them with watchdog. Anything beyond there will be seriously taking the biscuit.

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Hehe i'm holding out home for postage on the 4th, if not, the 7th - an xtra few days - but if i prepare myself by drinking all weekend (5th/6th), it will fly by!
If mine doesn't arrive by mid-afternoon on Dec 4th I will NOT be impressed!! I'm off from then for then next week! Won't be home, my OH will be on Mon 7th, I could get to her to repost it next day to where I'll be but that could be a tad excessive, no?

I really hope that the 3rd Dec was a conservative estimate and that I'll have it all charged and active on my T-Mobile account by the time the 3rd Dec dawns upon the world (in the UK - just to be clear! lol)

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Well, why not add my story to the pot...

I pre-ordered mine 28th Sept, and was hoping to get it for my birthday on 30th Oct. That never happened (

I've been trying to keep myself pre-occupied creating panoramic and loopable wallpapers for n900wallpapers. It's JUST about keeping me sane!
Haha thats what ive been doing, creating loopable wallpapers

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
If mine doesn't arrive by mid-afternoon on Dec 4th I will NOT be impressed!! I'm off from then for then next week! Won't be home, my OH will be on Mon 7th, I could get to her to repost it next day to where I'll be but that could be a tad excessive, no?

I really hope that the 3rd Dec was a conservative estimate and that I'll have it all charged and active on my T-Mobile account by the time the 3rd Dec dawns upon the world (in the UK - just to be clear! lol)
Yeah me too

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Ah- hang in there- there must be a good reason- we all clearly have EXCELLENT taste
I think it works out at valentines day..... the date we could have been conceived

bet you we will all have to wait till next year for the phone i need it bad as im using an old sony v600i and most bottons dont work

Last edited by danielwilson; 2009-11-24 at 17:32.

I've got a pre-ordered N900 18 month T-Mob 30 + web n walk, want to change to 12 month version is it possible at this stage? Struggling to get through to them and they haven't replied to my emails :-/