Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
I saw about a dozen at the 26C3 conference ein Berlin/Germany just after Christmas

Thought I should add this:

I showed my Dad my N900 over x-mas and I thought I would be showing off when I loaded the x-term (I didn't know how to ever do ls on it then).
The biggest smile comes on his face, he grabs the beast out my hands and starts typing away at the x-term. I was shocked, he smiled and said "did you think I was too old for linux?"

Made me laugh. It's funny how the N900 can bring the best out in people :-)

My Blog

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post:
Most of my friends and workmate dont even know it exists except for in my hand, Nokia arnt doing a very good job of promoting it are they. Maybe it because they are still using us as lab rats for the OS, or maybe they want to try sell of all those crappy n97 n97-mini's that nobody wants

Popped into Vodafone store in Bournemouth on Saturday. Lots of posters etc of N900, but not even a plastic dummy one to be seen.

I also noticed that Play.com are not getting thier units until Feb.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Together with someone eles in my street I haven't seen one yet as well. Leading the pack has always been me ; )

I removed the batterie of my device (n900) without turn it off first, now it wont start, can somebody help me out???

Originally Posted by MaemoCurmudgeon View Post
Nope! Bethlehem PA....I'm ssoooo lonely here all by myself! This is Nokia's Siberia! But then again I get to torture the iPhone users.
I'm near Carlisle, PA, and I should be receiving my N900 tomorrow.

Pretty sure me and my GF had the first N900s in Croatia (preordered from the states) - had mine for about a month now, havent seen another one here

Though they did just go on sale here a few days ago, no marketing presence whatsoever.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
We could be the closest owned N900s apart from a mobile phone shop in Camberley at the moment. I am about 6 miles from Bracknell.
Nuh-uh, my nextdoor neighbour also has a N900

I'm not in one of those "select" countries. To have a N900 you either have to go to nokia and specifically order it, or get it online.