Active Topics

you do not have to run the chmod commands again and again. once the file is chmodded its permanent. and so is the command i gave you. type it anywhere before ./chrootarch ONCE.

well i've managed to get pass through this part but whenever i reach the part where i have to create the closearch file, i can't launch it. i'm going to take some time to learn the basics of Linux so i can have a better understanding of the commands i'm using. in the mean time, i'd like to thank Mentalist Traceur and Char for providing the useful commands that brought me closer to getting Archlinux working on my phone. it helped me understand a bit what i was doing and why i needed to do it. but i guess i need more knowledge on this to further understand the commands i need to use. again, thank you guys. i'll be back here soon.

it's great that you're learning. arch linux is powerful if you know how to use it right

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Char View Post
you do not have to run the chmod commands again and again. once the file is chmodded its permanent. and so is the command i gave you. type it anywhere before ./chrootarch ONCE.
Have a question here, couldn't find anywhere and it's kinda related: why can't I chmod a file after doing "sudo gainroot"? It makes no sense to me. The command doesn't output anything, "ls -l" show me that the command did nothing and my annoyance gets bigger and bigger. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

If you're trying to chmod stuff in MyDocs, give up. vfat doesn't support permissions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post: