Active Topics

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
720p YouTube videos will not play on the device, at least not at an acceptable framerate. :/
Even I have downloaded to PC and transferred to N9, and still not playable. Only Sound and still picture which changes every now and than.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
More important for me is, are we finally able to multitask while watching a movie or are the file again paused until we returned to the player? (very annoying)
The stock video player pauses when minimized. :/ I would like to provide an open source replacement when I find the time to do it. I already have the video playback code that I have written for cuteTube (which allows playback to continue when minimized and looks just like the stock video player), so I would only need to recreate the video list UI, which is quite simple. The only problem would be the OS integration (i.e setting it as the default player for video files etc). I'm not sure if Aegis will be a block to something like this.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The mass storage drive is a FAT32 partition!
So the maximum file size is 4GB!
It's not Nokia's fault. Microsoft created this limitation:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc938937.aspx

But we should always reencode our movies. So not that big deal.
More important for me is, are we finally able to multitask while watching a movie or are the file again paused until we returned to the player? (very annoying)
Thanks this is very helpful!! by the way videos are paused when you go to any other applications.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Has anyone noticed pulseaudio using 10-15% cpu after a phone call? For me it just hangs in the background indefinetively using that amount of cpu. Also Ovi store client uses 60-70% cpu constantly whether used or in the background. For ovi client the problem is solved just closing the client but how could i solve the pulseaudio problem?

Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
Has anyone noticed pulseaudio using 10-15% cpu after a phone call? For me it just hangs in the background indefinetively using that amount of cpu. Also Ovi store client uses 60-70% cpu constantly whether used or in the background. For ovi client the problem is solved just closing the client but how could i solve the pulseaudio problem?
Don`t have the pulseaudio problem... Opened top in terminal, but there is nothing suspicious going on...

I checked also top in terminal and noticed two processes using 30-60% time. They are smartsearch and signond. I have quite high idle current consumption (200mA).

Anybody knows what these processes do?

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Hmm, dunno what has happened, but all my troubles have gone away by themselves For the first two days i've been sceptical whether this phone will ever fill the place of my N900 but it seems I am falling in love with this phone after all. I love being able to write and operate this device with just one hand. And I like the smoothness of it. There certainly is a sense of loss when coming from the N900 to this, but there is so much more gained that I believe I will someday love the N9 as much as I do my N900.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
3.- Missing pdf reader
Eh? The "Documents" app views them, and auto-launches when you get a PDF through the browser?
It is a bit shaky though - takes quite a while to re-render stuff, and pinch-to-zoom always zooms into the centre of the screen and awkwardly snaps to pages ... but it works!

hi ,
the email is it similar as n900 or using threads message view?

Originally Posted by Pulzar View Post
I have same problem. After every phone call at home(poor 3G coverage at home, phone changes between 2G/3G very often) there is pulseaudio process in process list and it takes 25-35% CPU and drains battery very fast. After reboot it does not exist but after next call (at home) it is again there. I noticed that problem exists when network is changed between 2G/3G during phone call. If I changed network mode to GSM or 3G only -> no pulseaudio problem.

Same in Finnish:
http://www.matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi/f1...post1058400479