Active Topics

Just finished reading every post....ready to put a bullet in my head.

You whiners on this forum are just like my mother (grand leaps of logic).

Such as "hmm this phone seems to suck and I think I could have problems with feature X even though I don't own the phone or know anything about feature x".

I see 2 classes of reader on this forum: engineers and non-engineers.

The non-engineers should stfu and listen to the engineers.

One *****y post is acceptable to me....then you get corrected and stfu and try to learn and change your tone. Hey...everybody gets ticked off at midnight and occasionally sends off a pissy email...but then you get a hold of your emotions and try to learn...and apologize.

To go on an on *****ing about the same points without 'learning' anything or attempting to be constructive (and you aren't) is foolish.

This post has absolutely ZERO useful information about the characteristics of the N900 (signal 2 noise way too high) and should be thoroughly nuked. A few bug submissions could've been a replacement for 58 pages on this thread.

I own the N800 and liked it so much I recently bought a coworkers extra unit. I know what I'm getting into with the N900 and thoroughly look forward to purchasing a unit. I demoed a unit in store, brought up all my websites, did a2dp/etc. and this thing rocks hard!

Excellent job nokia and I thoroughly support you for your innovation.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mklein For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mklein View Post
The non-engineers should stfu and listen to the engineers.
i'm sorry, i must have missed that nokia commercial targeting the n900 towards engineers.

Originally Posted by mklein View Post
This post has absolutely ZERO useful information
what do you know - you do make some sense after all.

It's really ridiculous but funny at the same time to see you all get agitated like this!

I have read the first post a number of times starting with October-November made by apple fanboys that didn't even have a clue...

Here's some examples:

Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
That's right. I mean Nokia lost 10% market share last year and Apple more than DOUBLED theirs. I guess I'm the crazy one for thinking Nokia's ship is slowly sinking.

It's also funny how calling it like it is gets you labeled "troll" around here hahaha. I had no idea this was a fanboy forum.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
"Nokia doesn't need to copy Apple, since most Apple innovations in the phone space were done by Nokia first."

That is a very bold statement. Care to elaborate?
and at the rate things are going we'll be using the iPhone for the next 5 years because apparently nobody is able to dethrone them. This is going to suck more and more because we will be at the whims of good ol' Steve.

Either way, what's the point of this thread? It's called supply and demand. End of story. There is demand for a 600$ phone so it's completely irrelevant how much it costs to make the phone.
iPhone:

1. Press sturdy button on top, slide finger on glass to unlock....great feeling.
2. Press safari and watch the butter smooth zoom efect while it oppens.
3. Start scrolling through the page looking for stuff...perfectly smooth scrolling.
4. Throw the phone back in my pocket...done.

N900:

1. LOOK for the button on the side and slide it down...or press the button on top.
2. If button on top, slide my finger across the display, watch the choppy animation of the slider...hmmm.
3. Press the browser and wonder what happened to the other 30 frames that were dropped from the zoom effect while it pops up
4. Go to a page and try scrolling while it's loading and watch checkered patterns for a good 5 seconds every time I scroll.
5. Done loading, I can finally find stuff.
6. LOOK for the button on the side to lock the phone and put it back in my pocket.

I would love to see the open source community step up their game but it hasn't happened in all this time with Linux, what makes you think it will happen with Maemo?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...627#post391627 and the list can go on.

What you guys fail to see is that we seem to have the classical iTroll infestation.
If you check this guy right you'll see he probably has multiple accounts as well.

Also I think he might not even have a n900 as most of the bugs simply don't occur in one unit at a time and are taken from other threads and amplified.

Ban the troll check if he didn't have the same ip as OrangeBox (and other users as well) and get over it, there's no sense in trying to argue.

Last edited by Bec; 2010-01-09 at 23:04.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I must have missed the last straw...

sorry to say but what he said about the web page loading is so true lol

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
he makes valid points. he has his right to express his opinions. all of his points add up..

off course in terms of the browser what ever the noks flaws in comparison i would never go back to a mobile browser..

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-09 at 21:55.

I find it so amazing, seriously. I usually don't reply if I don't have something wise to say in order to contribute, but this time I gotta ask all of you a question.

I've been reading in this forum for quite a while, way before I had my N900 and of course after I got it. A respected amount of posts in this forum is nothing but worthless whining and trolling by people who never had and never will own a N900. So why in the name of everything holy [to your respected religion] would you bother registering an account in this forum? Is bashing and trolling is all you know? I just don't get it!

@megacrazy - I've owned 2 iphones - the first one and the 3g. Yes, it's true. Everything (i'm talking about the animations) is way smoother and the browser scrolls down pretty smoothly. But the device itself is pretty crappy. The browser crashes and ALOT! And excuse me if I'll deviate just a bit from what I was saying but the iPhone is a device PACKED with bugs. I can't count high enough to describe HOW MANY TIMES I got phone calls and I had that "slide to answer" thing going on and I kept sliding it but the slider will only go halfway through and would then jump back and I have to fight with it all over again for like 10 times until I could ANSWER MY CALL (It's a phone after all, right?). So okay, it has animations, it has this "smooth" feeling and it has APPS! TONS OF THEM! If you'll leave all the farting jokes and other useless crap aside, you can do almost anything on the N900. (in my first post in this forum I gave my bank as an example. They have released an app for the iphone because mobilesafari wasn't capable enough of loading their website. With the N900 I can access everything as if I was using my own home pc)

I won't repeat what tons of people which have far more 'seniority' (so to speak) in the forum than me but I'll sum it all up very quickly -

The iPhone appeals to a lot of people just as the HTC hero appeals to a lot of people and just as the N900 appeals to a lot of people. This is a N900 focused forum, if you don't have a N900 and you (you as in Orangebox and all the similar posters) came here just for the sake of bashing it, then I guess you will have to find yourself a better hobby or therapist because I really don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. It's like going into a vegetarian restaurant and get insanely pissed about not being able to order a steak. It's just pointless! The same thing here. On the other hand, if you DO OWN a N900 and you're unhappy with it and all you want to do is bashing it instead of purposing improvements for the device in civilized, adult and appropriate manners then go to eBay, sell your device (you'll make a great profit, seriously) and go buy a device that suits you. And Last, if you own a N900 and you bought the device without knowing what's it all about and without knowing that you are going to be an early adopter then sorry, you seriously ****ed up and you'll have to deal with the consequences, but letting your steam out in those forums won't do you any better, you'll just get on other people's nerves. Please people, stop that good for nothing trolling and try to stick to the subject and contributing to the community and its discussions

Umm... not everything seems to add up in my opinion and I already argued almost identical clones of the first post on other forums...

Music player widget is great but does not work with A2DP. Why?
Transitions in the OS are nice but they often turn choppy and fail altogether. If you want to use transitions see that 2 year old device...what was it again...oh yeah.
Scrolling through bookmarks is slow as hell. Why?
Scrolling anywhere is like a bunch of mini seizures, really close together. In other words, garbage. Why the hell is this not perfectly smooth like the iPhone?
I could go on and on but in a few words: THIS PHONE IS GARBAGE.
Now really, as N900 users, do you find theese as making any sense or being even valid in any way?

There is a limit between bug reporting and making a trashy comparison with the iPhone.

You still think it's not a troll you're dealing with? Check this out:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Sc...s=cDP&filter=0
This post exists since before the device was released.

And yes some people have wasted time to disprove this point by point, watching the video now too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDn50QjNfM

Last edited by Bec; 2010-01-09 at 22:03.

...another thread about N900 disadvantages. What is the most interesting here ?

Nokia company has got a lot of resources and doesn't have really killer products since longer. Sells N900 for very big money and it's difficult to classify it:

1. phone ? Infamous MMS issues, microphone problems in many units, etc. etc.
2. tablet ? not too small ?
3. mobile computer ? why without USB host for example ?
4. smartphone ? doesn't have all functions known from 99% of other Nokia smartphones or products from other companies...
5. step 4 of 5 in Maemo glory ? So, shortly c..p ?

In my opinion Nokia became company with a lot bureaucracy. Too good Linux device will make problems with selling high level Symbian devices too...

In my opinion nothing really good will happen here now...unless Nokia will change own strategy. With current one is lost.

Earlier there were some good ideas: exchangeable covers, good batteries, low SAR design, etc. etc. Now there are visible problems only and selling worse and worse stuff in different body. For example: you still don't have excellent GSM/UMTS device, more and more models are only GSM...

Last edited by marcinw; 2010-01-09 at 22:21.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I must have missed the last straw...
Didn't lose much. I took a pic for you. Goddamn Orangebox with no respect for animal rights.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever