Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 329 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Bosnia and Herzegovina
@vetsin, either you lack OGG support, or the game can't write into its directory. If permissions are the problem (and they shouldn't be if you installed the DEB), you'll need to chown the game directory, so it can write into it. Sound requires some temporary files written there. Also, your setting probably aren't being saved this way. Or, more probably, you lack OGG decoder, so install ogg-support with sudo apt-get install ogg-support libvorbisidec1

@Wreck, I actually added a damage bonus to the manual mode, to encourage its use. Seems the laser tower is a major problem now, I'll probably remove the burst fire mode and maybe lower the damage a bit alltogether. New damage types and resistances aren't likely to happen, too complex to do these things now. (I'd be happy to make a sequel some day, though) But, as mentioned earlier, some more balancing and a "hard mode" might do the trick for this current major iteration of the game. Also, thanks for the comment and rate at Google Play

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
looks good. will check it. and also liked your facebook page.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by TheBurek View Post
@vetsin, either you lack OGG support, or the game can't write into its directory. If permissions are the problem (and they shouldn't be if you installed the DEB), you'll need to chown the game directory, so it can write into it. Sound requires some temporary files written there. Also, your setting probably aren't being saved this way. Or, more probably, you lack OGG decoder, so install ogg-support with sudo apt-get install ogg-support libvorbisidec1
I already have ogg-support and when I tried to install libvorbisidec1 it says that I already have the newest version. I'll enable extras-devel and try again. thanks.

EDIT: installed version is still latest even with devel and testing enabled. will restart phone and try again. will report back tomorrow. time for bed. hehe

EDIT2: Already tried again after reboot. Still the same.

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-09 at 16:12.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
EDIT: installed version is still latest even with devel and testing enabled. will restart phone and try again. will report back tomorrow. time for bed. hehe

EDIT2: Already tried again after reboot. Still the same.
Not sure how to help you... can't think of anything else at the moment

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
vetsin,

Maybe you are missing some libvorbisfile, of some of the files is not correct.

You could try if:

Code:
root
apt-get install --reinstall libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3 libvorbisidec1
is of any help.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Hi ade,
Some extra details on my problem... Other sounds load and play ok. Game just crashes when I press Next Wave probably because it tries to play the trumpet sound which was not successfully loaded. I'll just try reinstalling the deb first. Thanks again!

@TheBurek
It's fine. I can still play without the sounds. hehe

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Most sound are "wav". A few sounds are "ogg", like the trumpet sound, and there is goes wrong in your case. Can you successfully play ogg files in the mediaplayer?

And try to reinstall the packages I mentioned please.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I just reinstalled said files and game still crashes with same error. I don't have ogg files but will check and get back to you later. Thanks.

EDIT: ogg files play ok on my phone. I'm beginning to wonder... am I the only one having this problem?

Last edited by vetsin; 2012-12-09 at 23:25.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
I just reinstalled said files and game still crashes with same error. I don't have ogg files but will check and get back to you later. Thanks.

EDIT: ogg files play ok on my phone. I'm beginning to wonder... am I the only one having this problem?
Here's a workaround for you: WAV replacements. Extract them to MyDocs or somewhere handy, and do:
Code:
cp defeat.ogg /opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/sound/game/
cp trumpet.ogg /opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/sound/gui/
cp victory.ogg /opt/DefGear-maemo/rbase/common/sound/music/
Since the extensions are ignored, and filenames are hardcoded, this switcheroo should work. This prompted me to check and fix sound loading and playing code, as the game shouldn't crash even with missing sounds, so that's a fix that will be included in the next release, just in case. Not sure this was all worh the effort, though, the sound design isn't really that spectacular...

Last edited by TheBurek; 2012-12-10 at 02:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBurek For This Useful Post:
That fixed it. Thanks! I'll just test it again when I got time.