Active Topics

Notices

I suggest you and the previous poster wait for the revised app as hopefully that will overcome your present problems. It will be worth the wait trust me!

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Puox View Post
i manage to change my name but theme doesn't work at all.. error file not exist..
Hmmm, which theme were you trying to use? I think there is a problem whereby themes with spaces in their names are giving "file does not exist" error. I will fix that soon. In the meanwhile, you can rename those themes without spaces.

I have now uploaded a new version of the app, which can be easily installed. It also has fixes for a few problems. No new feature as of now.

I am also trying to get the app onto extras-devel.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Hmmm, which theme were you trying to use? I think there is a problem whereby themes with spaces in their names are giving "file does not exist" error. I will fix that soon. In the meanwhile, you can rename those themes without spaces.

I have now uploaded a new version of the app, which can be easily installed. It also has fixes for a few problems. No new feature as of now.

I am also trying to get the app onto extras-devel.
Brillant work I will try this tonight when I get home from work.

Is there a quick guide to changing the colours as I amended your script slightly from a few post back and whilst it allows me to change colours I can't understand all the fffff etc stuff as I wrongly assumed the actual colours would be shown!! How do we know say the clour orange code should be?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
will try too the new version.....

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Is there a quick guide to changing the colours as I amended your script slightly from a few post back and whilst it allows me to change colours I can't understand all the fffff etc stuff as I wrongly assumed the actual colours would be shown!! How do we know say the clour orange code should be?
The color is based on HTML and thus you can enter wither the color name or color code. For color name, 147 names are recognised and you can see the list here. For example, in the screenshots in the first post, I have used green as the color name. You can see the result in the screenshot.

If you want greater control over the shade of colour, you can use the hexcode. It is of the format #-red-green-blue, where each colour is defined by a two digit hexadecimal code. Or, you can get it easily from here.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
I have now got the app set up to work OK, however it doesn't seem to want to change the conversation themes, should I be able to download any of the theme from the Conversation thread and over write the present theme, or is it just done once only with this app?

Having used Filebox to investigate the folder structure it seems your app just places a new folder in the HTML folder but the exsisting SMS themes script seem to sit just in the HTML folder, without being inside a further folder, and so the new theme scripts seems to be ignored by my phone which just picks up the exsisting scripts.

Also I cannot seem to get my name to appear in the conversation box, it's all a bit odd as the app itself seem to be working OK now?

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2011-03-09 at 22:14.

I have now got the app set up to work OK, however it doesn't seem to want to change the conversation themes, should I be able to download any of the theme from the Conversation thread and over write the present theme, or is it just done once only with this app?

Having used Filebox to investigate the folder structure it seems your app just places a new folder in the HTML folder but the exsisting SMS themes script seem to sit just in the HTML folder, without being inside a further folder, and so the new theme scripts seems to be ignored by my phone which just picks up the exsisting scripts.
Ideally, you should be able to download any theme and install it. BUT in real world, when each person makes a theme, he makes his own directory structure in it. What this app does is nothing magical. It just unzips the folder and move it to the required place. If a theme file has different folder structure, it can easily break. Now, an easy way we can fix this is to repackage the themes as per ConversationModder compatible format and upload it to the wiki.

An alternate way would be for the app to read the theme file and act accordingly. Now, if it is the second way, I need ideas on how to proceed, seeing as there can be a large variety of theme files present and how can we support all of them?

I want ideas and opinions.

Also I cannot seem to get my name to appear in the conversation box, it's all a bit odd as the app itself seem to be working OK now?
This should work correctly. Unless you're using a theme which do not show our names by default. In this case, even if we use the change own name option, the change wont be shown in conversations as the theme has disabled own name.

Tell me, what theme are you using?

Maybe in a future version, I can add option to enable our name if it isn't there?

BTW, new update is now uploaded!
Version 1.5.2
New features:
  • change text color of message
  • change color of contact name
  • the menu loops until we cancel it.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Ideally, you should be able to download any theme and install it. BUT in real world, when each person makes a theme, he makes his own directory structure in it. What this app does is nothing magical. It just unzips the folder and move it to the required place. If a theme file has different folder structure, it can easily break. Now, an easy way we can fix this is to repackage the themes as per ConversationModder compatible format and upload it to the wiki.

An alternate way would be for the app to read the theme file and act accordingly. Now, if it is the second way, I need ideas on how to proceed, seeing as there can be a large variety of theme files present and how can we support all of them?

I want ideas and opinions.

This should work correctly. Unless you're using a theme which do not show our names by default. In this case, even if we use the change own name option, the change wont be shown in conversations as the theme has disabled own name.

Tell me, what theme are you using?

Maybe in a future version, I can add option to enable our name if it isn't there?

BTW, new update is now uploaded!
Version 1.5.2
New features:
  • change text color of message
  • change color of contact name
  • the menu loops until we cancel it.
Thanks for clarifying the position I spent a couple of hours last night trying to work out what was wrong, when it appears nothing! Perhaps you could update your first post to explain the position as I see there's another poster on the other link with a similer issue and he does no is way around the N900, unlike me!, from his posts on Nokia discussions.

Clealry it is down to each developer but now you have got your conversation modder working correctly perhaps it would be wise for the other theme developers to develope their themes to wrok with your modder so they can be easily intsalled by usuers like me?

I note your comments re the name issue and will therefore try it later with a theme which actually shows either "you" or my name as I don't think the standard bubble theme does but, if not, perhaps the developer could allow the selection of names as that's my favorite theme at present.

Thanks for all your assistance

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
What can be expected in the future?
Option to change our name in SMS window from 'You:' <-----DONE
Support for own avatar
Option to change color schemes <--------------------------------IN PROCESS
.Deb file to easily install scripts <----------------------------------DONE
by ejasmudar

ok.... i already i posted somewhere with this in mind....
oh yeah>>> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1601

that is the idea....

Thanks for clarifying the position I spent a couple of hours last night trying to work out what was wrong, when it appears nothing! Perhaps you could update your first post to explain the position as I see there's another poster on the other link with a similer issue and he does no is way around the N900, unlike me!, from his posts on Nokia discussions.

Clealry it is down to each developer but now you have got your conversation modder working correctly perhaps it would be wise for the other theme developers to develope their themes to wrok with your modder so they can be easily intsalled by usuers like me?
I have started uploading themes to the wiki in a format supported by Conversations Modder. Please help me out and download the original file, check if it is placed correctly and upload it somewhere and link it to the wiki. I will do as much as ossible when I get more time...

I note your comments re the name issue and will therefore try it later with a theme which actually shows either "you" or my name as I don't think the standard bubble theme does but, if not, perhaps the developer could allow the selection of names as that's my favorite theme at present.

Thanks for all your assistance
I will try to add option to enable name, if it is not present, and to remove it if not needed.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

Tags
conversations, modding