The hardware can only do about 15 fps at the 5 mega pixel capture setting. But using simple averaging in both time and space, a 30 fps low rez viewfinder can be simulated, and it would only be 1/15th of a second behind realtime. You wouldn't notice.

So what?

Well, since fcamera (and the default app) use low rez capture for the viewfinder, the rez has to be changed at capture time. This hardware rez change takes about 7/10ths of a second. Bad. Very bad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Jardenix; I've been using the N900 as a regular phone for over 3 months and I'm pleased with it so far.

I feel you'll need to overcome the form factor first, since it's what most people will notice and comment. If you like it, then under the hood, is a powerful device (if you know how to tinker around).

As a regular phone - call quality, functions, etc, it's 'above average' performance (my personal feeling). I may have chosen the E7 over the N900 if they were both available at the same time - because I only need a regular smartphone. Still, the N900 will be a keeper. Plus, if you can still get it now, I'm sure it'll come with a good discount since it's considered 'obsolete' product.

Hope this helps.

this is GOD mobile n900 is legendry fone .lol

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
For me, major issues with the N900, lags now and then, I have no problem with the phone app, camera app or music player app, if I wanted a music phone I would of looked for one and bought it but I wanted a phone that was amazing, and I thought hmm this phone is amazing then I learned linux stuff, I'm not a nerd, I'm a noob, I barely know anything about Linux yet still this devices makes me fall in love with it everyday, one great thing I must add is this forum, it shows me how to push my N900 beyond what I expected, from android to CPU tweaks, I bought an iphone after I bought my n900 for the main reason of games, then I realised it was a waste of money so away it went. Got 1600 for it. for me personally this phone/tablet is the best ever, the only problem I have really is that there are no internet packages for it in my country, because right now BB owners are showing off their packages saying my device sucks but I know my device is deadly to ordinary phones so why get upset.

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Tags
does anyone, give a fock?