Poll: Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?
Poll Options
Would you buy an N10 with the above spec?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by magic_doc View Post
I am looking forward for this too. I am hoping for an integrated solution that can sync the Ubuntu-Desktop with the phone flawlessly. Canonical would be the only real open-source-player in the game as Android isn't entirely free.
Canonical's stuff isn't entirely free either, unless you're talking "free" as in "beer." Let's not forget all the closed-source drivers, firmware and other things. I will at least concede that it's a faaaaar cry more free than Maemo or even any fully working version of MeeGo for any device. On the other hand, you can run Ubuntu on Android.. so.. it seems the waters are very muddy.

Originally Posted by Tarzan- View Post
Partially agreed, but may be I'm quite contented with what I get. I don't need dual or quad cores, 3.5" - 4" excellent screen size, haven't gone up than 8GB storage on my phone, so 32GB is kind of useless to me. Oh and certainly I don't need 100K apps.

I've had phones from every major manufacturer but more I used them the more I loved Nokia.
Anecdotal experience aside, it still doesn't help you or anyone else to have a closed mind about what is better. If we applied such thinking more broadly, we would be practicing Luddites and even your precious Nokia wouldn't be around.

Originally Posted by litemotiv View Post
Oh they outsourced their support? That explains the F-ing annoying/unproductive e-mail conversation i had with them this weekend.

Me: I am trying to download the app "Restore AccuWeather for Meego" from the store but it fails with an "unknown download error".

[no further reply from "Jenny"]
WHERE IS YOUR NOKIA NOW?

Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
Besides, no one wants last years specs. And if you don't believe this line of thinking then you're telling me that you NEVER upgrade an app (which is bulls#it) because it's the same premise. We will always want the lastest.
Best damn thing anybody has commented about Nokia's trends. For the people who rail against dual and quad-core processors because "they don't need it", you're not just missing out on faster processing, but also on more efficient processing, efficient accelerated graphics and far, FAR better battery performance squeezing out better performance for smaller batteries. There IS benefit to using these newer processors beyond faster processing. If you still want to stick to your weird backwards thinking then please go back to your far slower, far less efficient 80486 computers and stop coming here. Luddites.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hints people, hints.

Count the number of threads saying:
- 'F U Nokia'
- 'F U Elop'
- 'F U iPhone/Android/Symbian/etc'
- 'Goodbye Nokia'
- 'HEy what if Nokia does...'
- 'Check out this imaginary device that I just dreamt instead of the Nokia p.o.s that I have'
Waaaait... What are you trying to say?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

I'd be happy with SGS2 specs and the body of the Nokia N950.

4.3" is too big.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i want maemo with quadcore now,

dont ask me why, it will be freakin cooool!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... blah...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hints people, hints.

Count the number of threads saying:
- 'F U Nokia'
- 'F U Elop'
- 'F U iPhone/Android/Symbian/etc'
- 'Goodbye Nokia'
- 'HEy what if Nokia does...'
- 'Check out this imaginary device that I just dreamt instead of the Nokia p.o.s that I have'
Hey, Ysss is back! where have you been?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Hey, Ysss is back! where have you been?
Yeah liked some of ysss's comment in the epic thread, specially when he had that banter going w/abill_uk.
abill_uk (is that right?), one of the weirdest forum posters I've come across in my life....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
what happend with abill_uk? banned?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Oh no... I can feel it.. Better get the popcorn out....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
I like the detachable hardware keyboard idea though! But thats all i like about it. More talk of software less talk of hardware, give me an N900 with maemo 5 cssu updated with multi-touch, shazam, grooveshark and 720p mkv playback thenwe will talk!

The Following User Says Thank You to rafpac For This Useful Post:

Tags
buysomethinelse, free oss, goodbyenokia, idiot thread, idiotibrakalifa, schizophrenia, tizen doa, tizen lives, tizen schmizen, troll fest!