Active Topics

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
What do you mean?
There might be multiple possible reasons, but all are based on the fact that n900 is not produced any more:
1. reduce the number of N900 in the wild (so less problems when one breaks down)
2. reclaim devices to use them to repair the devices that are still covered by guarantee.

It could be also somebody who has a project involving n900s.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
There might be multiple possible reasons, but all are based on the fact that n900 is not produced any more:
1. reduce the number of N900 in the wild (so less problems when one breaks down)
2. reclaim devices to use them to repair the devices that are still covered by guarantee.
Oh, that's not really related to my comment. I don't think it is likely to be Nokia, it is most likely still cheaper for them to replace the N900s with alternatives when they do get sent back for repair, since not all of them will break within warranty. And I'm not sure they really care to do this to repair devices that are covered by warranty.

It could be also somebody who has a project involving n900s.
It has been established in this thread that the person buying them has a business plan and is intending to sell them abroad.

It is unfortunate for me that he is paying more for them than I am willing to with my current finances.

I think "selling them abroad" is plain ********. I.E., he can sell it abroad, but that's not full story. I suspect some variation of neopwn phone...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
reply received...

Hello.
I do referb for them and send abroad to my friend.

So there we have it - must be a good market for them 'abroad'...
if you had all bothered to read my post ages ago i told you why he was buying them!!!!!!

If You had bothered to read our answers, You would know "we" don't believe such explanation
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

grrr, he must have bought more than 400 phones so far! and he's using an automatic bidding tool to place his bid in the last seconds.

Anyone want to email him again and ask if he has a target number of phones to buy and when he's likely to stop.

£170 for a 2 year old phone, with reliability issues and no warranty just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not seeing the problem, I bought a used N900 in decent condition last week for £135. Here's one "Buy it now" for £152 - which is basically about what this guy seems to be bidding, when he does.

The Following User Says Thank You to magick777 For This Useful Post:
Maybe he is selling them here in Brazil. They are worth abt between US$ 500.00 (used) to US$ 800 (new in box):

http://celulares.mercadolivre.com.br...rId_PRICE*DESC

Originally Posted by magick777 View Post
I'm not seeing the problem, I bought a used N900 in decent condition last week for £135. Here's one "Buy it now" for £152 - which is basically about what this guy seems to be bidding, when he does.
I'd pay £135, that seems reasonable. Another just sold for £135 but to the same guy again, no point bidding as his max is set at £172.

Tags
bada rox