Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
But then I saw original.
Thanks for the compliment
When i reviewed the original on my laptop it seemed way to bright for the actual mood and weather.
And its really just a tiny tad adjusted curves, bwaaah, guess i'll stay away from photo editing

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
hydraulic rim brakes......... old-school......
I broke a few forks with those back in the days

regarding the photo, have to say that I was worried about pro1 camera. But then I saw original.
Fascinating, I had never seen or even heard of the combination of hydraulics with rim brakes. I associated hydraulic brakes with the disks near the hub that cost as much as my entire ride! I see they've got an "oomph" bracket there to handle the force they apply to the pads.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
I see they've got an "oomph" bracket there to handle the force they apply to the pads.
Well, i am fat and need to be stopped somehow when in motion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Thanks for the compliment
When i reviewed the original on my laptop it seemed way to bright for the actual mood and weather.
And its really just a tiny tad adjusted curves, bwaaah, guess i'll stay away from photo editing
which changed the color of the bike from blue to purple
but it's not that, it's just that the whole photo look to artificial for my taste. Sure, it is eye catchy but that's not what you were looking at all, right?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Fascinating, I had never seen or even heard of the combination of hydraulics with rim brakes. I associated hydraulic brakes with the disks near the hub that cost as much as my entire ride! I see they've got an "oomph" bracket there to handle the force they apply to the pads.
Magura is still making them. But...... from one angle they are great because they really can stop you. And then, they are so powerful that you really can't use them for serious riding because you risk broken fork and injury. Not on the first ride but.....And then for some casual riding you can use decent v-brake, The only advantage is that because of their stopping power they work much better in wet conditions than v-brake.
And they were also wearing out rims much faster than v-brake.

I don't think I should...but I dare.

-It was not taken this month (3 years ago),
-The pic has noting interesting in how beautiful it is
but
its made with my n900, cssu stock camera app
it's my bike for heavy food shopping + children transportation
so...

hmm, not sure i'm gonna win the competition....

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Magura is still making them. But...... from one angle they are great because they really can stop you. And then, they are so powerful that you really can't use them for serious riding because you risk broken fork and injury. Not on the first ride but.....And then for some casual riding you can use decent v-brake, The only advantage is that because of their stopping power they work much better in wet conditions than v-brake.
And they were also wearing out rims much faster than v-brake.
One big advantage with hydraulic brakes is the lack of constant adjusting, because they pretty much adjust themselves. Also they work much better when it gets freezing. Moisture in the cables will freeze the brakes completely, but this doesen't happen to hydraulic brakes. To be honest, it also affects to shifter cables, so you'll end up wit working brakes and stuck derailleurs.. I don't have hydraulic rim brakes but I have hydraulic disc brakes on two bikes (mtb+fatbike) and traditional v-brakes on my city/commuter and I love all the bikes but hate playing with the cable brakes constantly.. You know what the wise people say? The faster you go, the better brakes you will need. Unless you're going full speed, the you don't need brakes at all.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
well, you still have to align calipers from time to time. But, yeah... if disc brakes are good then there's almost zero fiddling with them. Sadly, new Magura's is not something I would recommend I still have MT4 as rear one but after two crappy MT6 as front I swiched to formula since they also use mineral oil now. Cura is really great brake for some 100€

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Ok guys bicycles leave me unfortunately completely uninspired. Anyway I don't want to leave out the competition again. So I made A photo. While my Bicycle is VERY unspectacular, there is at least my good old Bulli in the back. Anyway the most interesting for ou is that the pic was taken with a Pro1 with the Jolla camera app...

Out of Camera pic without any editing.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
the pic was taken with a Pro1 with the Jolla camera app...
Projekt zwo rims ftw
Are those 215, 225 or even wider wheels?

Anyway, i would have asked for a Pro1 SFOS pic and i am happy i did not need to push you
Thanks a lot for proactive service.

Quite a good result. I like it and see no obvious difference to the ones taken on Android?
But i love to get educated on your all findings.

Did you have the pro1 unfolded for the landscape shot? Imo that greatly helps with having the curved screen out of the way which is otherwise taking unwanted commands from my lower thumb or upper index finger occasionally.

Did you use the camera button?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition