Active Topics

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Please, Turing phone owners and others, do not take any comments about "scams" personally. It's kind of a running morbid joke here after many of us were burned/disappointed/angered/etc. by the Jolla Tablet fiasco.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Please, Turing phone owners and others, do not take any comments about "scams" personally. It's kind of a running morbid joke here after many of us were burned/disappointed/angered/deranged etc. by the Jolla Tablet fiasco.
fixed that for you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Given the responses and discussions here; if I owned a Turing I wouldn't sign up to ask questions at all. Way too much negativity towards people seeking answers. Sure, the stuff is sketchy that there are only a few people with Turing Phones but why not foster an environment that's more welcoming than the current setting?

Simply put: be more welcoming. Who knows, more folks might actually say something. If not, then start back up with the vitriol.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
i signed up to learn more about the OS hence how i stumbled on this site

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
i signed up to learn more about the OS hence how i stumbled on this site
Ask away. There's honestly a wealth of information here.

Feel free to start a new thread to ask your questions - I fear that your inquiries will be lost in the noise in this thread. Use this thread for answering questions.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Ask away. There's honestly a wealth of information here.

Feel free to start a new thread to ask your questions - I fear that your inquiries will be lost in the noise in this thread. Use this thread for answering questions.
i most definitely will. just reading through all the threads when i have time too

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
How many confirmations would convince you it's real? I suspect even 10k personally delivered to you would not be enough.
And of course you wouldn't come out and aknowledge you were wrong afterwards, just like when you were certain of Jolla's death.
You are funny.
It's certainly an interesting personality trait, being absolutely unable to ever admit to making a mistake.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Dynamite, as I understand it the device you have is restricted in numbers and not of the same specs as the final device. Reading up on Jolla C, it appears the screen scratches quite easily. How would you rate the build quality of your device? Is it clear that some areas of the phone show signs of being work in progress or is it good enough you could put it on the shelves in store as it is.

I ask as my current phone (N900) is over 6 years old, used every day and still only shows signs of wear on the backspace key!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So Dynamate. were you asked by Tri if you wanted a Phone or if you wanted full refund?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-08-18 at 18:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Dynamite, as I understand it the device you have is restricted in numbers and not of the same specs as the final device. Reading up on Jolla C, it appears the screen scratches quite easily. How would you rate the build quality of your device? Is it clear that some areas of the phone show signs of being work in progress or is it good enough you could put it on the shelves in store as it is.

I ask as my current phone (N900) is over 6 years old, used every day and still only shows signs of wear on the backspace key!
The phone is close to fully done i think. There's some OS glitches from trying to incorporate their own features (fingerprint scanner, TRI cinnect, etc) but overall the phone is built really well. Everyone that's seen my phone loves it. I'll be getting the final version w upgraded specs (820 chip) and waterproofing once their done AND i get to keep this evaluation phone. It wasn't easy to wait for this phone but glad i did

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dynamite For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone