Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by RTA View Post
Basically what is the command to turn on wifi at a specific time then turn it off. I want wifi to be enabled every morning and refresh my feeds before work then turn wifi off when its done.
Your best currently known option is to put power saving mode on. That should disconnect Wifi when not in use.

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
It would be nice to have a condition Lockscreen dectivated/activated so I can set switch to 2G on locked and switch back to 3G when unlocked. With proper timeout on idle it could save a lot of battery, especially mixed up with a proper time frame.
At this point I put it to go to 2G on idle with 5 minute timeout and set the default rule to 3G. Very useful while I'm sleeping.
It sort of works, still testing...

The Following User Says Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
I have been unwilling to add a condition for lockscreen, as it is typically triggered very often. So if there was a condition on that, it could potentially cause battery drainage as each time device is locked/unlocked ProfileMatic would re-evaluate the rules.

EDIT: I think Idle condition can be used for same type of operations and provides better control.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-08-20 at 12:47.

Thank you for this app. My N9 is affected heavily by the 3G connection issue. If it weren't for this app my N9 would not be usable as a... you know... phone.

Letting it idle on 2G and connect to 3G while in use has pretty much made this nasty bug not to show itself. I guess it can still happen but obviously much much less. I have gone a few days now without any issue. Prior installing this app and set up rules I lost connection several times per day.

Expect a little donation soon. Need to wait for my paycheck though as I can not give as much as I would like to right now as I have a flight trip just ahead.

Kudos to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to dannejanne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Great app really
The only nasty bug with n9 that i have may be solved with your app!?
When connected with my Bluetooth headset, because it is sometimes looking for wifi, the music is stuttering :-(
Do you think it could be possible to add a rule that will put a wifi network as not automatic when connected via Bluetooth?
Basically, i need a condition based on Bluetooth (may be better even paired). The action then would be to force wifi connection to be manual, our to put wifi off, or maybe psm could be enough.
Thanks again

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Sorry for the noob question but I've been unable to find a solution browsing the thread.

I've recently installed Profilematic and I'm unable to make Flight Mode working. I have installed it from Ovi Store and I have Inception 0.2.5 installed.

Digging in the thread I've found that it was first needed to use an external binary that could be incepted as a custom rule but that it was changed in version 1.7.0 so a different binary was used for Flight Mode.

Am I missing something? First thread doesn't provide any information about special steps needed to make FM work, is there anything I need to set up to configure it? Any way to debug it?

Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
Thank you for this app. My N9 is affected heavily by the 3G connection issue. If it weren't for this app my N9 would not be usable as a... you know... phone.
It is good to hear of ProfileMatic being valuable - even if it's to get around a bug that should be fixed in the phone .

Thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Do you think it could be possible to add a rule that will put a wifi network as not automatic when connected via Bluetooth?
Basically, i need a condition based on Bluetooth (may be better even paired). The action then would be to force wifi connection to be manual, our to put wifi off, or maybe psm could be enough.
Thanks again
Disabling WiFi is something I'm unsure how to do. Using Power Saving mode is the best I know.

Have you tested with Power Saving mode on, does it help with this Bluetooth audio stuttering?

I can probably add a Bluetooth connection condition, similar probably to the NFC/Cell/WiFi conditions.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I've recently installed Profilematic and I'm unable to make Flight Mode working. I have installed it from Ovi Store and I have Inception 0.2.5 installed.

Digging in the thread I've found that it was first needed to use an external binary that could be incepted as a custom rule but that it was changed in version 1.7.0 so a different binary was used for Flight Mode.

Am I missing something? First thread doesn't provide any information about special steps needed to make FM work, is there anything I need to set up to configure it? Any way to debug it?
You're not missing anything. With 1.7.0 it should just basically work. Inception could of course interfere, but I don't think that's it.

There's ways to debug it. First of all you can try manually from command line to use the separate exe:

Code:
invoker --type=m /opt/profilematic/bin/platformutil flightMode
On
It's important to use the invoker command.

If that doesn't work, check the file at

Code:
/var/lib/aegis/restok/restok.conf
Find profilematic's entries. The important bit is this:

Code:
Object: applauncherd-launcher::/usr/bin/applauncherd.bin
Request:
        AID::.profilematic.
        mce::DeviceModeControl
Let me know.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Disabling WiFi is something I'm unsure how to do. Using Power Saving mode is the best I know.

Have you tested with Power Saving mode on, does it help with this Bluetooth audio stuttering?

I can probably add a Bluetooth connection condition, similar probably to the NFC/Cell/WiFi conditions.
Yes indeed I should check that PSM is improving the situation. I actually put my phone on PSM after 5mn iddle (thanks to your app) and even not sure now, I do not think it helps enough.
But anyway I would definitetly appreciate a condition based on bluetooth. So that I can override the condition based on night which put my phone on flight mode or I can actually remove the action based on iddle state.

If wifi off is not possible (that was possible for the N900 i think but a less restrictive phone for such features), do you think that the fact that a 'known' wifi network can be either automatically connected or manually connected is helping and could be implemented in your app?