Active Topics

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Bundyo: It looks like "map" (Wayfinder) has also been updated. It is showing version 2.2.8.421-1 available, and I have 2.2.6.377-1 installed.

I see you are using an N800, so maybe you don't have the previous version installed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, i don't

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
[Modest is] working pretty well in Diablo, too...
Really? That's surprising, considering how different the two versions are. From what I hear in the breathless reviews, the Diablo Modest e-mail client is like Chinook Modest, just with special secret sauce.

Well, when you go typing or writing a message, the input-method works a lot better... But I don't have the old e-mail installed, so I'm free of any interactions that may cause; that's the difference. (I think you could remove it in Chinook, but you'd have to hack the dependencies of osso-software-version-whatsit.)

Still, sarcasm fully appreciated.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-06-03 at 18:57. Reason: EOF encountered in parenthetical

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Well the new map upgrade gives an new interesting splash screen - which I think looks quite nice. But it's a step in the right direction.
And the new OS update bricks my Nokia as usual, no shocker there...
Reflashing that kernel again and all is well....
http://sse2.net/rotate/

Last edited by deadmalc; 2008-06-03 at 18:56. Reason: Works again...phew!

Question:
Will RandR be included in Diablo? I'd like RandR and if its coming shortly I'll just wait.

I have gotten kind of confused reading all the different threads.. lol.
Nokia n810 Diablo
(After many years of Palm and Windows PDAs)
"So Shut Up, Live, Travel, Adventure, Bless, And Don't Be Sorry." - Jack Kerouac

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
Question:
Will RandR be included in Diablo? I'd like RandR and if its coming shortly I'll just wait.
No, but applying a patched kernel is damn simple.

Official rotation support is still a long ways off for maemo.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Soft poweroff does not work here, no matter how I activate or deactivate it. Besides, it can't be fixed, as the version that has the fix (1.7.6) isn't in the current Diablo.
Soft poweroff works perfectly on n810/2008Os and works, sometimes strangely, on N800/2008Os. I have been using on both n8x0. I sometimes like to darken the screen without locking the screen.

bun

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Soft poweroff works perfectly on n810/2008Os and works, sometimes strangely, on N800/2008Os. I have been using on both n8x0. I sometimes like to darken the screen without locking the screen.
Well, what seems to be happening with 22-8 is that using double-press to activate it messes things up. Probably need to revise bug #2290.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's another strange bug in Diablo (happened twice, VERY annoying), maybe even for Chinook, but never happened then.

I usually put the device in offline mode and lock it after that. In two separate unrelated occasions i wasn't able to unlock it after that - just doesn't accept the middle click and since its offline - can't check what is wrong. There are two possible fixes for this situation - to wait for it to drain the battery or to pull the battery out. VERY annoying.