Active Topics

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Here's a few patterns to try (i used charging here as it was easy for me to test.)

Code:
# change between red green and blue quickly
PatternBatteryCharging=50;4;0;123000000;9d807f0040ff7f00e00440007f007f000000;9d80e08040ff7f00e00840007f000000;9d80e10040ff7f0040000000

# semi random rainbow pattern
PatternBatteryCharging=50;4;0;123000000;9d807e0030ff31ff0000;9d807e007e007e0030ff31ff0000;9d807e007e007e007e007e007e0030ff31ff0000

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Unfortunatly I do not currently have a N900 development box (my old one was so close to dead it wasn't worth paying the moving guys to move halfway across the country) so I am unable to investigate any MCE bugs at this time.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Unfortunatly I do not currently have a N900 development box (my old one was so close to dead it wasn't worth paying the moving guys to move halfway across the country) so I am unable to investigate any MCE bugs at this time.
Does anybody have experience with multiple users sharing scratchbox?

I have a (Jiffybox) virtual root server with scratchbox installed. Assuming it's multi-user safe I/we/somebody could setup another box so that developers can just ssh there and compile their stuff.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Russe89 View Post
Hi guys can someone tell me where i can find the original mce file? I want to go back because of a bug that makes it pretty unusable for me:
whenever the keyboard stays open and the display turns off because of the timer, the keyboard gets locked and can only be unlocked when touching the display.
When i am playing music in the car i let the keyboard open and can skip songs with the left + right keys or stop it via space. In the car i don't look at the phone where to click, now with the mce replacement i have to touch the display and look if i am still in the playing-window...
I also don't want to keep the display the whole time turned on. 10s timer is way enough..
Please fix it or upload someone the original mce.deb .
If you are still interested in testing mce, a fixed version is in cssu-devel repo, see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=313

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Just out of curiosity, where was the bug that caused the keyboard not to wake up the device?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
Just out of curiosity, where was the bug that caused the keyboard not to wake up the device?
It was not exactly a bug, but rather a missing code:

https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...57b0afa6bacb81

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Great! Are you (CSSU team) interested in the changes I made to decouple keyboard LEDs from Lysti engines?

PS. There is a lot of code not related to Fremantle/N900 in MCE, I wonder if we stripped that out, or #ifdef it, how much space we would free up?

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2014-02-28 at 03:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
Great! Are you (CSSU team) interested in the changes I made to decouple keyboard LEDs from Lysti engines?
It is still unclear (at least to me) what bug your changes fix or what functionality is implemented. IMO the correct way to have code reviewed and eventually included is to make a merge request on gitorious. Though I doubt it will get merged if the default behaviour is changed.

PS. There is a lot of code not related to Fremantle/N900 in MCE, I wonder if we stripped that out, or #ifdef it, how much space we would free up?
I'd bet on less than 50k

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
It is still unclear (at least to me) what bug your changes fix or what functionality is implemented.
It fixes inability to use 3th engine for setting notification led's patterns. AIUI (and from testing) it shouldn't change any vanilla functionality, *except* for fade-in/out of keyboard leds when they light up/down (most people doesn't even know, that there is such effect, it's hardly noticeable).

But, isn't the whole point to replace closed MCE with RE'ed open clone?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
It fixes inability to use 3th engine for setting notification led's patterns. AIUI (and from testing) it shouldn't change any vanilla functionality, *except* for fade-in/out of keyboard leds when they light up/down (most people doesn't even know, that there is such effect, it's hardly noticeable).
I see. Well then, it might get included if the behaviour is configurable (gconf?) in such a way that "stock" behaviour is kept with the default config value.

But, isn't the whole point to replace closed MCE with RE'ed open clone?

/Estel
sure it is, that is why mce is already in cssu-devel, what is your point here?

Community SSU developer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu-mce, fremantle, hdtd thread, htdt detected