Active Topics

Notices

Regarding e2e, this has recently come into existence: https://github.com/matrix-org/pantalaimon

If nothing else I like the name.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Regarding e2e, this has recently come into existence: https://github.com/matrix-org/pantalaimon

If nothing else I like the name.
Just some information what I can tell about python matrix:

With python you have two (better three) choices:

1. matrix-python-sdk with a special e2e-branch
2. matrix-nio
3. any client with pantalaimon (rhis is a proxy based on nio)

I compiled all the stuff for the e2e branch of matrix-python-sdk and the same for nio. The sdk needs stripped about 20MB, nio needs >60MB. Because pantalaimon is a proxy based on nio it would need >60MB too. The nio stuff is nio - not io. You need to build the networking socket asiohttp stuff on your own. There are library parts for this but it is quite rudimentary. Pantalaimon should work but it is not fully implemented: some events are not right mentioned.

The e2e stuff of the sdk is done about june 2018 and the patches are on review for the main branch since then. It should work too (because many people using it somehow according to #matrix-python-sdk:matrix.org and #matrix-clients:matrix.org. It should work more or less transparent. Let's see. For the voip stuff I first need to buildup a lab.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
So, here's the thing. I tried compiling Bluepill with the SDK, only to find out that I am rubbish at that (no huge surprise there). In the VM, I got to the splash screen with the [matrix] logo, but that was the end of it.

That made me think that having a solution on OBS might put me out of my misery. Something along the lines of r0kk3rz' project there. So, I thought I'd just ask. Would that be very complicated?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
So, here's the thing. I tried compiling Bluepill with the SDK, only to find out that I am rubbish at that (no huge surprise there). In the VM, I got to the splash screen with the [matrix] logo, but that was the end of it.

That made me think that having a solution on OBS might put me out of my misery. Something along the lines of r0kk3rz' project there. So, I thought I'd just ask. Would that be very complicated?
Sounds like you built it just fine, its that the application doesn't work properly.

Id expect the same result if you built it on obs, but thats is still a good idea

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Hi @dubliner, as I told: the thingie is not stable by now: it works with my own server but may do silly things on other constalations. Please tell me: Which account did you use (matrix.org or any other synapse server). Did you try to check "Custom server" and did not fill the server fields (that is a bug I just fixed!).

The login sequence should be:

If the login button busy indicator stops and there is no matrix page: login failed (there is no notification implemented now!)

if the matrix start page shows it first says:

Starting engine

and then room by room: syncing roomname
(At this point I just found a race condition that could crash - order field may not be in tag when favourite - fixed with change 1da9734a3382cb3d3cc16e7c1f18defae785bcc0)

After this you should see the dashboard.

Nothing works anymore: All your data is in ~nemo/.cache/harbour-bluepill. If deleting this directory you will be at the start point again.

I am happy for everyone who sometimes compiles and looks into the system. I also offer you #bluepill:g3la.de as my discussion room for everything about bluepill.

[Update] @dubliner: (looks like you are on an earlier point) you saw the splash screen but not the login screen a second later? Or did you already see the login screen? There might be another behaviour OBS.

Last edited by cy8aer; 2019-04-05 at 12:05.

They kicked out the pyotherside support from the emulator 2.0 somehow...

Code:
pkcon refresh
and a dependency to pyotherside does the trick.

@dubliner: If you like try it again with the newest patches. I tried it out with the vm and it works for me. If you want to start from scratch:

Code:
ssh -p 2223 -i ~/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/Sailfish_OS-Emulator-latest/nemo nemo@localhost
cd .cache
rm -rf harbour-bluepill

@cy8aer, thank you so much for your detailed replies. My apologies, this is going to be a rather short answer as I am a little busy at the moment unfortunately.

I would agree, I suspected a Python problem when I first ran Bluepill in the VM (again, being a dilettante myself, this was more of a "feeling" than anything based on real knowledge). I got to the "starting engine" stage. On the console, the output was basically two lines. The first one was "running" and the second one "execution failed" (quoted from memory).

I'll look into the newest patch as soon as I can.

@cy8aer, thank you so much for your detailed replies. My apologies, this is going to be a rather short answer as I am a little busy at the moment unfortunately.

I would agree, I suspected a Python problem when I first ran Bluepill in the VM (again, being a dilettante myself, this was more of a "feeling" than anything based on real knowledge). I got to the "starting engine" stage. On the console, the output was basically two lines. The first one was "running" and the second one "execution failed" (quoted from memory).

I'll look into the newest patch as soon as I can.
(he now can work, just look at #bluepill:g3la.de)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Indeed, Bluepill compiled like a charm in the SDK. And the resulting application is just amazing! I know, cy8aer keeps stressing the alpha status, however, it has proved to be remarkably handy and useful indeed ever since I installed the resulting RPMs on my N5 yesterday evening. Just brilliant!!!

To everyone out there: You really might want to give Bluepill a try.

@cy8aer, thank you so much for the application and all your help!!!