Active Topics

This is really bad, I'm sure meego would have been great with more support, hell even the N900 was great, only a bit unfinished.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
This is really bad, I'm sure meego would have been great with more support, hell even the N900 was great, only a bit unfinished.
What do you mean the N900 WAS great????? the N900 IS great !.

What do you mean the N900 WAS great????? the N900 IS great !.
Whatever, just feeling sad right now, hope nokia employees will rise up and give elop the treatment he deserves.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Goodbye from me to nokia. I had such high hopes, and I know meego is still coming, but with windows as their main OS (and lets be serious, it will be their main OS), I will be moving to android, as meego has much less of a chance of ever picking up.

I will miss you nokia.

I will be moving to android, as meego has much less of a chance of ever picking up.
Yep, android or webOS, here I come!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
I have to agree, I'm seriously looking at HP/Palm now. Nokia is definitly dead in my eyes. I won't be getting another Nokia anymore. I hope my N900 will last for a while, and If it's time to get something new it will be something with WebOS, if no better competitor appears out of nowhere (which is unlikely)
I'm thinking about HP/WebOS as well. Only thing holding me back is that, I don't wanna again invest again into platform that might die soon. I'll keep watching for a while how it goes with new HP products, and buy one if they start selling well.

Android is the Plan B.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't think "smart phones" are even worth $60 a month or whatever. I think I'll just pass next time around and go with a cheap phone and a cool tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
It's probably for the better that most Maemo early adopters have long since left this forum. Otherwise it'd be a lot more busy and "interesting" here...

I've had enough of popcorn to put me off it for a long time.

It's friday so I'll probably switch to wine later. It's Nokia's wake for me after all, after a long and for the last few years rather painful association.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Ooo CMON!!! get real for **** sake. With this new strategy Meego is dead :-( Intel doesnt give a **** about Meego they have Android/WP7. They may release some prototypes of Meego on MWC but thats it :-(

Cant u people her get the facts this IS the end of Meeego and for Nokia in long run and ofcourse its most stupid thing Nokia has decided so far. Elop and the rest of the Nokia staff is Idiots.

Now I hope HP open up WebOS and integrate QT in its core OS.
This is the beginning of end of Nokia as a double digit marketshare producer with a brand name.

Now they'll descend into the "noname" category of the 5-10% producers.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
Elop is a murderer.

The Following User Says Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post:

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks