Active Topics

Thanks a lot @dicksonleong8! V0.7 works great for me, and the gif support is very usefull!

Just one thing that might need some improvement (but it might be a 9gag's api issue): if you lose your connection while it try to load more gags, it will try and try and never stop! It would be awsome to have something (like a time out maybe) that stop the loading to try again later (actually you have to change section, come back and scroll down again).

I hope it's clear (my english is not really great as you can see), and I hope it's possible!

Thank again!!

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by aalthus View Post
Thanks a lot @dicksonleong8! V0.7 works great for me, and the gif support is very usefull!

Just one thing that might need some improvement (but it might be a 9gag's api issue): if you lose your connection while it try to load more gags, it will try and try and never stop! It would be awsome to have something (like a time out maybe) that stop the loading to try again later (actually you have to change section, come back and scroll down again).

I hope it's clear (my english is not really great as you can see), and I hope it's possible!

Thank again!!
I can't reproduce your problem. Can you elaborate on the problem, and steps to reproduce?

If there is no connection available the loading will stop. Then it will display an error like: "Error: Network session error"

Originally Posted by dicksonleong8 View Post
Can you elaborate on the problem, and steps to reproduce?

If there is no connection available the loading will stop. Then it will display an error like: "Error: Network session error"
I never had that error (the only error I had is "Error: Unable to parse response").

I will try to investigate on the problem and find out when it appear, I thought it was a network problem (slow connection or no connection) because when it happens I have the same problem (nothing load) with another apps (QVDM: http://store.ovi.com/content/299810).

The difference is that with QVDM the problem appear on the first attempt (just after the app starts) while for GagBook it happens randomly on the first start or after while I'm using it.

I will try to see with the QVDM dev if he had an idea.

New 9GAG (v6) is out. So... GagBook doesn't work again! But no worry, I will update it asap

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Damn 9Gag, just when you release an update, they decide to alter how everything runs. How dare they ;-)

Releasing GagBook 0.7.1

- Update to new 9GAG (v6)
- Show a GIF icon for GIF image

Download: http://bit.ly/gagbook-harmattan-071

Enjoy!

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
sadly GagBook 0.7.1 (also when change to infinigag) not working for me...

Hello,

Thanks for your reactivity! It work fine for me with 9gag, but not with InfiniGag (since yesterday or the day before I guess) I have this message:
Error: Error downloading http://infinigag.eu01.aws.af.cm/hot/0 -server replied: Internal server error

InfiniGAG is an API that not support by me, I guess the dev have not update it yet. For now, just use the 9GAG as source, it should works perfectly.

EDIT: InfiniGAG now works too!

@davmin set 9GAG as source also not working for you?

Last edited by dicksonleong8; 2013-06-15 at 09:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post:
Yes it works perfectly with 9GAG as source, and GIF icon is cool and much more clear than the previous style!