Notices

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
SO, would you mind to take a look at what is implemented on Battery-Eye (not Battery-Graph) on its statistics tab, where it shows almost "exactly" what will happen to your phone based in previous data? (1/3 lowest consumption, 1/3 normal consumption, 1/3 highest consumption)÷(present consumption) and then use this data to make predictions?

I believe something like that would make PyBattery 100 times more useful than it already is.
I second this!
Battery-Eye like statistics would be nice to have when status menu bar is clicked.
And without clicking, I would like to see the direct voltage (mV) (and maybe not percentage), because the percentage usually doesn't tell the right value with double-battery-pack-hack but the current voltage would.

With dual batteries, percentage used to show most accurate value of all (after proper calibration of fuel gauge, check my signature "measuring real capacity of battery"). but, it was in times of bq27x00 module.

Now, there is option to check it via i2cget, but according to 412b, there is currently no good approach to probe this info constantly, without using too much power/resources.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
With dual batteries, percentage used to show most accurate value of all (after proper calibration of fuel gauge, check my signature "measuring real capacity of battery"). but, it was in times of bq27x00 module.
With the new great kp49, the now working bq27x00 module really display extremely accurate values. I am specially amazed with the fact that I can display now also the charge time and all values also during charging and not only for discharging as it was the case before.

Knowing how much time is left for full charge and how much fuel is needed to charge, is a feature I have never seen before in any other phone.

Current now is also very useful value, I could see for example that immediately after stand-by, the consumption is usually at 5-6 mAh and with this value the phone will stay in stand-by for about 9 days which is amazing. I am using only original batter at about 1236 mA full.

I also calibrated the fuel gauge before, with kp48, I am not sure if this calibration method is possible with kp49.

People wanting to check real battery values, can use the following commands in either Queen BeeCon either in Desktop Commands:

Code:
cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/uevent | awk '{FS="="} /CAPACITY/ {cap = $2}; /CHARGE_NOW/ {chnow = int($2/1000)}; /CHARGE_FULL=/ {chfull = int($2/1000)}; /CURRENT_NOW/ {curnow = int($2/1000)}; /EMPTY_NOW/ {empt1 = int($2/3600); empt2 = int($2%3600/60)}; /EMPTY_AVG/ {avg1 = int($2/3600); avg2 = int($2%3600/60)}; /FULL_NOW/ {full1 = int($2/3600); full2 = int($2%3600/60)}; /STATUS/ {isch=$2} END if (isch == "Discharging") {print "Bat: "cap"% ("chnow" /"chfull" mAh)""\nNow: "curnow" mAh ("empt1":"empt2" h/ "avg1":"avg2" hAv)"} else {print "Bat: "cap"% ("chnow" /"chfull" mAh)""\nNow: "curnow" mAh ("full1":"full2" h/ "avg1":"avg2"hAv)"}';echo CPU: `awk '{print " " $1/1000 "MHz /"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq` `cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp | awk '{print int($0/10) " C"}'`

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
For some reasons, advanced power monitor doesn't allow me to choose bq27200 as data source. No big deal, cause using bq27200 disallow HEN usage (to be precise, disallow restarting BME, so after closing hen, resulting BME start causes device to reboot).

But still, I wonder why it's like that. APM just doesn't show bq27200 in list, even if bq27x00_battery module is enabled.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-12-08 at 23:41.

I have all 5 modules listed in APM, Nokia's BME, BQ27200, etc. When choosing BME the percentage is wrong, but when choosing BQ the percentage is very accurate. Unfortunately, I don't know low level details of how these things works.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
For some reasons, advanced power monitor doesn't allow me to choose bq27200 as data source. No big deal, cause using bq27200 disallow HEN usage (to be precise, disallow restarting BME, so after closing hen, resulting BME start causes device to reboot).

But still, I wonder why it's like that. APM just doesn't show bq27200 in list, even if bq27x00_battery module is enabled.

/Estel
Is it listed in HAL? If not, everything is correct )

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Is it listed in HAL? If not, everything is correct )
It seems that it is (listed), but could You specific exact bulletproof method of checking that, so all interested people can use one way of "measuring"? I think that it's going to help avoiding mistakes, and trace down origins of problem (be it on my device side or APM bug).

Thanks in advance,

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

It seems that it is (listed), but could You specific exact bulletproof method of checking that, so all interested people can use one way of "measuring"? I think that it's going to help avoiding mistakes, and trace down origins of problem (be it on my device side or APM bug).

Thanks in advance,

/Estel
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Code:
lshal | grep bq
(ten characters here)

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Sorry - of course method was mentioned before.

Anyway, despite being listed in HAL:
Code:
lshal | grep bq
udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/device/computer_power_supply_battery_bq27200_0'
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_power_supply_battery_bq27200_0'  (string)
  linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0'  (string)
...bq27200 doesn't appear as possible data source in APM settings. the only options I have, are "Nokia's BME", "Nokia's BME Alternative", and "Dummy".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Sorry - of course method was mentioned before.

Anyway, despite being listed in HAL:
Code:
lshal | grep bq
udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/device/computer_power_supply_battery_bq27200_0'
  info.udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_power_supply_battery_bq27200_0'  (string)
  linux.sysfs_path = '/sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0'  (string)
...bq27200 doesn't appear as possible data source in APM settings. the only options I have, are "Nokia's BME", "Nokia's BME Alternative", and "Dummy".

/Estel
What's about restarting APM? (sudo stop apmonitord; sudo start apmonitord) What's your way of loading bq module?

Tags
applet, battery, python, statusbar