Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
There is an app developed for my Palm Treo 680 that does automatically many of the tips mentioned in this thread.

Power Hero
http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/power-hero-more.php

Is there something similar in the development pipeline by somebody?

Thanks!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
Dec 26 .... kernel: [....] wlan0: driver reports beacon loss from AP cf1bb52c - sending probe request
I looked into mac80211 source code - looks like N900 version of 'printk' doesn't understand "%pM" and prints an memory address pointer instead of MAC address. It should be something like "00:1c:df:67:1f:ac" instead of cf1bb52c...

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Adjust your profile settings

* Remove vibration notifications when IM is received. Do you REALLY need your device to vibrate every single time someone sends you an IM?
Put me down as another person who is interested in learning exactly how this can be done; can anyone help us out with where to find these settings?

I've looked in Profiles (and everywhere else I can possibly think of), but so far - aside from the one for the display feedback vibration - I've only been able to find a vibration preference for "General" and "Silent", which seems to mean it's all-or-nothing.

I'd love to be able to able to specify discreet settings for IM, SMS, Email, etc..

For some reason the battery life keeps improving by itself.

Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
For some reason the battery life keeps improving by itself.
Because it has to be formatted. After 4-5 completed recharges it reaches its optimal state.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I wish more people read this stuff instead of moaning over bad battery. A very good post indeed.

Also Alarmed is pretty good for the night settings.

I like your help on saving battery power. I have been trying to find out how to remove widgets and programs that I don't need. I had no problem on Symbian phones but haven't figured how to do it on this one.
Any advice please???

Thanks,
Bob

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by rootytooty View Post
I like your help on saving battery power. I have been trying to find out how to remove widgets and programs that I don't need. I had no problem on Symbian phones but haven't figured how to do it on this one.
Any advice please???

Thanks,
Bob
remove widgets by tapping on the desktop and hitting the little tab that pops out at the top right corner. from there you will see that the widgets have x's at the top right corner and you can choose to remove them in that way (it won't delete the widget, only remove it from view)

Uninstall programs by simply going to app manager and hitting uninstall...

Oh, Ok. Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Thanks,
Bob

i was also suffering from 6-8 hours battery backup, i switched my messengers to offline mode when i go offline(meaning when i disconnect the net) and put them online again when i go online again, this improved my battery life very much
hope this helps somebody

The Following User Says Thank You to atifhasan86 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery life, extend, fremantle, guide, ideas, improve, maemo, maemo 5, n900, power, runtime