Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 253 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
Yeah I mainly develop on the develop branch and my intention is to merge the develop into the master once I feel the develop is where I want it to be, but I have been lazy on that part. Where are your changes submitted to so I can review it? Github?
should be on Github and I created a merge request on on gitorious

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
Ah, I am now. I also didn't see how the develop branch is for all intensive purposes 'master'

I also have submitted some fixes that I think make the sync settings form more user friendly and less confusing

I also modified the program to POST your existing list as well
You've made some very nice additions. I'm merging them now and I'll make a release to extras-develop once it's done.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
Today I updated to v0.3.25, I saw a cool option "Sync", I registered on this site: http://www.willemliu.nl/qt/maemo/easylist/
But I don't see the option for adding the items ? Why ?
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hello
Today I updated to v0.3.25, I saw a cool option "Sync", I registered on this site: http://www.willemliu.nl/qt/maemo/easylist/
Thanks
Hi Schturman,

Thanks for using EasyList. The sync functionality is a bit experimental, but it works as follows.
You create an account on http://www.willemliu.nl/qt/maemo/easylist/ as you've already done. Then you log in on that website with your new account once you've clicked the activation link in the e-mail that has been sent to you.
When you are logged in, you will be presented with a text area in which you can type text just like you can in EasyList.
Each new line will represent a new item.
Then you click save to save the list.
In EasyList on the N900 you need to setup the sync account in the Settings menu. There you will see a few text boxes: username, password, url.
If everything is working correctly the url textbox is already filled out. You only need to fill in the username and password used for your web account on http://www.willemliu.nl/qt/maemo/easylist/. Then you press Save or Apply.
After all this you can use the Sync button to sync with your online list.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Willem Liu

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hello
Thanks
I see that I've had an error in one of my PHP scripts I'm fixing this now. It will work properly in a minutes moments.

I see that I've had an error in one of my PHP scripts I'm fixing this now. It will work properly in a minutes moments.
Ok, the script has been updated. It should work now. The error was that no text area was shown when you don't already have a list saved on the website. Which is ludricous, because you want to create a list when you're logged in
That has been fixed.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Ok, the script has been updated. It should work now. The error was that no text area was shown when you don't already have a list saved on the website. Which is ludricous, because you want to create a list when you're logged in
That has been fixed.
Do you think its possible to split the newline char and store in a database based on a per task basis?

I've been doing some hacking with google app engine, Should provide a pretty flexible free host for the time being.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dotblank For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dotblank View Post
Do you think its possible to split the newline char and store in a database based on a per task basis?

I've been doing some hacking with google app engine, Should provide a pretty flexible free host for the time being.
I'm not sure I understand what you want to do with Google App Engine. Please explain a bit more as I'm very interested.

Basically its kinda like a cloud service but they have a free account type that you can host up to 1 gig of persistent storage. Anyways you can code in python or java and upload your web-app to their servers.

I like it because its easier and you can use python, also if a ton of people use the service you can scale it very quickly.

Tags
shoppinglist