Active Topics

Sucsess!!!

After a number of emails and conversations explaining I was not intreseted in a symbian handset I got sent a new N900 to exchange for the E7.

Fair dues to the Nokia UK care team, as I think they do need to make extra efforts to get hold of an N900 now (i was told it may have come from Finland). In the end I think they did a good job of sorting it out and am very grateful to them for doing so.

I was told that it was a brand new handset - has funny gaps around the keyboard though so maybe the remaining batch are not quite perfect handsets that did pass all the QAs at the factory but are fully functioning and kept aside.

If anyone is thinking of sending in their N900 follow the instructions in the above posts to avoid being sent an E7 - but be quick before they really do run out of all of the N900 stock.

Last edited by Freekick; 2011-09-29 at 23:10.

Hi all. To anyone receiving an E7 instead of an N900, who still wants an N900 - please let me know if you would like to swap. I am going to collect my replacement N900 from the Vodafone store today - was quite surprised when they actually sent me an N900 and not an E7 to be honest !

I have basically come to the conclusion that I am the wrong type of user for an N900, and it does things that I wil never have the need to do, but doesn't do things that I would like to do, like MMS for instance.

The replacement is coming directly from Nokia so should be spot on. If anyone is interested I wont even use the phone, you can have it exactly as it has come from the supplier.

Cheers
Bryan

Oh no... I should have read this thread first. I've got an E7 replacement for my really-carefully-looked-after N900, which went for warranty repair when the USB socket died.
Now trying to get sense out of Nokia UK and Ireland support - who seem to be in south-east Asia...
Happy to swap the brand new E7 for a new N900 if (when) dialogue breaks down (I'm in the UK). Will source an N9 as well - somehow, somewhere...

has anyone actually managed to get their old N900 back after being 'upgraded' to an E7?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Glue View Post
has anyone actually managed to get their old N900 back after being 'upgraded' to an E7?
Yes, me

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=69

After around a month since sending off my N900 for repair, and being given an E7, I finally have a replacement N900. It is *so* good to have it back!
It took one massive email to Nokia, effectively sent three times to Customer Support, and a nudge email after they called and said they'd sort it. UPS did the trade at my office on Wednesday.
The N900 replacement is an option I was told, but it needs managerial approval (I'm in the UK) and the problem they have is the N900s are running out. The default option is to replace with the E7.
I asked both Nokia reps on the phone about replacing with the N9. I got the distinct impression that talk of the N9 is prohibited in the UK :-)
However, I'm really delighted to have the N900 back - I'd missed it so much. I'm going to be ultra careful with that USB connector now!!

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...21#post1132621

same problem here ..
took it to nokia care on 31/10/2011
they offered to replace it with the E7 + me paing 149 euros .
after i refused they offered to trade it with the E7 without having to pay .
i refused and asked for my devise fixed or a new n900 or at least an N9 .
5/12/2011 no news yet .
they say they will replace my n900 with a new one , but they dont know when ..
what the fak is going on !!
ps : they tell me that the E7 is an upgrade since it costs 600+ , i tell them that ill settle for a N9 then .
dont know whats there problem and they dont replace the n900 with an n9 since its the next model ..
this was the last nokia device ill ever get .

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
after recieving a call from the care point , that he had my n900 ready i went to take it .
i dont know what they made in nokia hungury but :
1- the serial number the device was changed
new device ?
2- but no wait , its not a new device , the freme has skratses from use ! and it wasnt mine .
3- they frame had a broken part !
ofcource i didnt take it .
and asked a N9 as a replacement , since they cant repair mine , nor provide me an new N900 the answer was no can do .
well done nokia ..
now im stuck with no device and dont know what will happend to mine ..

Originally Posted by on3st4b View Post
after recieving a call from the care point , that he had my n900 ready i went to take it .
i dont know what they made in nokia hungury but :
1- the serial number the device was changed
new device ?
2- but no wait , its not a new device , the freme has skratses from use ! and it wasnt mine .
3- they frame had a broken part !
ofcource i didnt take it .
and asked a N9 as a replacement , since they cant repair mine , nor provide me an new N900 the answer was no can do .
well done nokia ..
now im stuck with no device and dont know what will happend to mine ..
You are right to do so. I just got the call this morning. "we can't fix you're phone, but we got an E7 for you, that's the good news"
At first I was rather glad, getting a new phone for my year old phone, but then it hit me and i told them i didn't have the time to get it today and went to compare the phones.
The E7 is nothing like the N900, even the N9 isn't... The closest they've come is the N9-50 which they don't sell.
I still don't know what i'm going to do, but i agree with you that the least they could offer is an N9 and not an E7.
I think i'm going back tomorrow and tell them i want my n900 back or an N9

This is exactlt what is happening to me !!!!
I am now stuck without my N900 and instead the f...ing carphone ware house has given me an e7-00.
The carphone warehouse lost my N900, and nokia is now stating, that i have to get it back of the car phone warehose ( Nokia Official Service Agents, UK) and only then can they fix my N900.