My bad. For unknown reasons, I, was sure requirement is 100 karma. Sorry for FUD.

Still, i think that, people like don_falcone should be allowed to vote. The question is, from when will the "3 month" criteria be calculated? From time of voting, or from "now"?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-08-20 at 18:24.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
My bad. For unknown reasons, I, was sure requirement is 100 karma. Sorry for FUD.

Still, i think that, people like don_falcone should be allowed to vote. The question is, from when will the "3 month" criteria be calculated? From time of voting, or from "now"?
I think, from the moment they determine census.

I thinks rules will not be changed in this case.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Still, i think that, people like don_falcone should be allowed to vote.
Why? He's not eligible to vote. It's really as simple as that. Imagine how much bad blood it would cause if the voting rules allowed to cherry pick voters.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Why? He's not eligible to vote. It's really as simple as that. Imagine how much bad blood it would cause if the voting rules allowed to cherry pick voters.
I assumed the rule was there to prevent vote rigging (e.g. I put myself forward as a candidate, and then create a myriad of online personae to elect myself as Supreme Leader).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I assumed the rule was there to prevent vote rigging (e.g. I put myself forward as a candidate, and then create a myriad of online personae to elect myself as Supreme Leader).
There is no supreme leader here, unless one council member manages to eliminate others.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Or if you can create 5 personas and get em all voted, technically you'll be the Supreme Puppet Master behind the scene.

Seriously though, afaik the rules have been there and unchanged for awhile.

edit: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun..._voting_rights
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wonder if I should put my name in the bucket... hmm.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I think you've got enough for voting:

http://maemo.org/profile/view/Estel/

Funny, you don't have itt tanks, they must have changed rules since.
The rules have not changed. Since the account is linked to the TMO account, "thanks" and "posts" should be being calculated.

Please raise a bug as a matter of urgency!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
On the other topic, I find criteria for even voting (not candidating) quite discriminating. don_falcone mentioned that he's out of voting, cause he registered month too late - I was here on time, but got too little Karma...

I wonder how many people interested in community (and thus, voting) are filtered out by "the System".
Every community has voting requirements. It's a must-- you don't want outsiders hijacking your process. And any community member is welcome to submit proposals for alternate qualification schemes... as long as it's in the proper timeframe per election.

I'm not just being trite or dismissive, but there's always going to be people "filtered out".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
The rules have not changed. Since the account is linked to the TMO account, "thanks" and "posts" should be being calculated.

Please raise a bug as a matter of urgency!

Thanks for pointing that out, bug raised:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12328

@Texrat

I think allowing to vote based purely on Karma - not join date - may be enough. If, by any chance, recalculating Karma for profiles linked with TMO accounts start to work correctly, Karma requirements could be even severely raised.

Every "hypothetical" outsider - that want to hijack our voting process - know when election is planned, and there is no problem in creating "fake" accounts 3 months before. I think this requirement just doesn't do the job, and in additional, may harm few really interested people.

Of course, I know that voting is too close now to change rules. It's just my suggestion.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2011-08-21 at 18:26.

Tags
council, elections