Active Topics

it is good or bad? i think more of you guys hates overclocking because of the risk.. reading this thread, there are so many against in overclocking rather than like it..

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i dont think so it is dangerous because if you use nitdroid in ur phone it overclocks N900's processor to 1.15 ghz which is maximum clock speed that N900's cpu support and it is totally stable at 1.15 ghz. so not harm will happen to your N900.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Played N64 games for about 3 hours last night at 1.15ghz, no worries...

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I just want to put a special thank you in for joerg_rw and freemangordon for the wonderful conversation here. There's been a lot of great information shared about overclocking which, while over some people's heads, has been very enlightening for most participating or just reading.

I'd also like to thank iDont for the great real-world testing, and making the scripts available for others to do tests with as well. Having real-world numbers is huge when it comes to some of the older debates about how under-volting affects drain.

Last edited by woody14619; 2011-10-25 at 18:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Tedri Mark View Post
Played N64 games for about 3 hours last night at 1.15ghz, no worries...
which software u used for playing games ?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Mupen64, and the sixaxis stuff so I can use a ps3 controller with it..

The Following User Says Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
I just want to put a special thank you in for joerg_rw and freemangordon for the wonderful conversation here. There's been a lot of great information shared about overclocking which, while over some people's heads, has been very enlightening for most participating or just reading.

I'd also like to thank iDont for the great real-world testing, and making the scripts available for others to do tests with as well. Having real-world numbers is huge when it comes to some of the older debates about how under-volting affects drain.
agreed. And yet, after 8 pages, we still have posts like "It worked with one N900 for 3 hours so it works eternally with all"
Anyway, very good thread still.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
When i read stuff i don't understand 100% i feel i am partaking in some kind of geek mass orgasm.

What i am trying to say is, aside from the aforementioned examples, nice read, thanks guys.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
One word...no! I have my phone at 500-1000 for the past 2 years.
If you are scared that you are gonna burn your phone install 'savecpu'.When the phone overheats it lowers your overclock speed....simple as that

thanks for them