Active Topics

i ordered the female to female connectors way back when, and really never used OTG. I just got an E6 with the factory usb otg cable, im assuming this would work jsut as well with N900?

Edit: well, scratch that, i guess the factory usb otg cable (CA-157) isnt a standard micro usb. its lacking the standard taper dimension and doesnt fit the N900

Last edited by jerryfreak; 2011-07-31 at 06:42.

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
i ordered the female to female connectors way back when, and really never used OTG. I just got an E6 with the factory usb otg cable, im assuming this would work jsut as well with N900?

Edit: well, scratch that, i guess the factory usb otg cable (CA-157) isnt a standard micro usb. its lacking the standard taper dimension and doesnt fit the N900
It's a micro-B receptacle on N900, while CA-157 has a micro-A plug fitting the micro-AB receptacle of the device it ships with. All pretty much in line with standards for USB. You'll find this info if only you look a bit - e.g. there: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=364

N900 isn't meant to do USB hostmode so it got a micro-B receptacle, not a micro-AB

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2011-07-31 at 22:24.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
N900 isn't meant to do USB hostmode so it got a micro-B receptacle, not a micro-AB
Joerg, this is not quite correct, it should be more like:
N900 wasn't meant to do USB hostmode so it got a micro-B receptacle, not a micro-AB ...

... thanks to Your, and of course all other participants, tremendous and honorable work!

Sorry for OT.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
This is amazing! Maybe it will be more amazing if I could charge my battery in host mode.
I followed the instructions that @joerg_rw posted, but the script says "STANDBY". I tried to start and kill it several times with no result.
My N900 is connected to a self powered USB HUB. I tried to test if the hub gives any power to the N900. For this purpose I connected the hub to N900 while the N900 was switched off. The result was: screen flash, vibrating and led flashing. This should mean that the HUB gives power, right?

Hello,
A version with Enhanced Linux kernel for power users v2.6.28-maemo42, you will go USB?
Or should kernel to version 47!?

I bought the N8 USB OTG Cable BUT it's not plugging into the N900 (
whyyyyyyyyyy isn't all micro USB ports the same sizes ??

There are 6 types od USB ports:

USB A
USB B
USB mini A
USB mini B
USB micro A
USB micro B

So you need know which port has your USB cable.

Originally Posted by Boixos Nois View Post
Hello,
A version with Enhanced Linux kernel for power users v2.6.28-maemo42, you will go USB?
Or should kernel to version 47!?
Definitely KP 47.

---

As for USB plug problems, just remember, that CA-157 may be easily re-shaped to work on N900 perfectly fine. Even useless (now) ID pin is recognized properly, then.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

great application.i really love this app.but i face a problem.i install power kernel and update it.than i install H-E-N.but when i connect a usb mouse,pen drive and others than my n900 show me " unable to connect,no file system available''.and some times show ''mount /dev/sda1 not found''.plz sir help me in details.as soon possible.

thanks

As last time, I'm not demanding anything, but could H-E-N team, consider some status-update info here?

Even if (which I doubt) there was no much activity in the project, it would be good to know about that. There are some joerg_rw patches (like new booston/off) things, that are still not included in -devel version, and up to date no one described what is holding "new version time" for so long.

Again, just to be sure that everyone understand it correctly - I'm not whining here "where will be next version available". It would be just great to know at least what is going on inside the project.

And i know that possibly there are IRC channels/mailing lists or whatever, but info on forum for us - regular Joey's the users/testers/feedbackers would be really appreciated.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, detection, h-e-n, hostmode, speed, usb host