Active Topics

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Thanks, uncleboarder I' ll use the last 2 icons for lowest battery status.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Cheers Ed, I like the two new low battery ones you made. Did you do the same for the status area by any chance?
No problem, will do...

Sweet, nice one dude

Originally Posted by uncleboarder View Post
No problem, will do...
Yes dude Im waiting for the 48x48 icons. Thanks again

Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Cheers Ed, I like the two new low battery ones you made. Did you do the same for the status area by any chance?
Ok, here are the batteries...

I'm uploading the scalable ones again because there was a white pixel on the 13% icon, and I fixed a couple things that you could only see at 1200% magnification.

There's a readme in each .zip telling you where they belong.

Oh... and I lost my original 48x48 icons, can someone post those for me.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Ed's batteries.zip (45.2 KB, 223 views)
File Type: zip Ed's batteries48.zip (56.7 KB, 253 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uncleboarder For This Useful Post:
Most of you probably already know about links but for those who don't...

SSH or xTerm into your N900 then issue the command...
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/tmp /temp
You now have a link (shortcut or alias) to N900/Data/tmp. This makes it a little easier to move files back and forth. Less typing.

/temp is now equal the following PC Suite Mode directory...
Nokia Phone Browser\N900 (PC-Suite Mode)\Data\tmp
Warning: Don't use the link name /tmp That name already exists.

The above command uses the link name /temp.

Last edited by uncleboarder; 2010-03-20 at 07:15.

Ok, here are the batteries...

I'm uploading the scalable ones again because there was a white pixel on the 13% icon, and I fixed a couple things that you could only see at 1200% magnification.

There's a readme in each .zip telling you where they belong.

Oh... and I lost my original 48x48 icons, can someone post those for me.
Can you make 3 last icons similar to this that Ive have attached? Yours are smaller and the difference will be obvious. Thanks.
Attached Images

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
WARNING: CHANGING THIS FILE OTHER THAN WHAT I ADVISE MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE, I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE IF U BRICK UR DEVICE!!

How to enable Reboot button?
plus more..

in power button settings!

When you press the Power button, a menu is shown containing options to e.g. Switch off or lock the device. And what if you just want to reboot it? Sure, you can use the "Switch off" function and then just press the Power button again to turn the N900 back on. But it can be made simpler and quicker as you can add a separate "Reboot" button to the menu, which will automatically reboot the device without you having to do anything.

All you need to do is to edit one config file and "uncomment" its part responsible for showing the button, disabled by default.

In order to do this, you will to:

* Download and install rootsh from the Extras repository, which will give you root access in the X-Terminal
* Download and install Midnight Commander, the well known file manager which also contains a convenient text editor.

Now the actual modification:

Launch X-Terminal
* type sudo gainroot to enable root access
* type mc to launch Midnight Commander
* in the Midnight Commander, using the keyboard arrows, browse to the /ect/systemui/ folder and select the systemui.xml file
* make a copy of that file, just in case that you do something wrong, so that you can simply restore its original version anytime
* tap the 4 Edit button (at the bottom) to open the text editor
* at the bottom of the file you will notice that part of it (consisting of three ... entries) is disabled within the "comment" marks (starting ).
* move the "comment" marks mentioned above "<!--" (e.g. by deleting and re-typing them in other place) so that the two remaining entries ("Soft poweroff" and "Top in XTerm") are still within them but the "Reboot" entry gets outside of them
* tap 10 Quit button at the bottom of the editor and confirm in the requester that you want to save the file (if you don't see the 10 Quit button you may need to change the X-Terminal font size to 10)
* exit Midnight Commander, close X-Terminal and reboot the device
* after the N900 reboots, you should see the new "Reboot" option in the Menu.

When using the X-Terminal with root access enabled, be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS! Root access enables you to modify (and thus also DAMAGE) all system files, which can even result in BRICKING the device. If you don't know what you are doing, better don't do it.

SORTED, NICE MOD

- Astute

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Can you make 3 last icons similar to this that Ive have attached? Yours are smaller and the difference will be obvious. Thanks.
I don't understand. All icons in the batteries48.zip are 48x48. How big should they be?

I don't understand. All icons in the batteries48.zip are 48x48. How big should they be?
Look at the attached icon. It s more wide than yours.

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread