Active Topics

Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

First off, this is a godsend of an app. The difference I've seen in scrolling, opening up messages and contacts, and especially in opening up the camera app, since installing this is astounding.

Just a note, though, and this is probably related to the alarm bug. The first time I installed the stable version, I didn't reboot. A short while later I noticed that I had several chat and email messages as well as an SMS, but there hadn't been any sounds/tones. I confirmed this by sending an SMS to myself from another phone - no sound.

After rebooting, the sounds were restored. It's a tiny bug, as far as I'm concerned, but nothing that stops fastern9 from being a must-have app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Janitor X For This Useful Post:
I've installed the latest unstable version for few days and actually found it quite stable. This is the alarm bug which is well aware by traysh as known bug and can be solved by a simple reboot. No reboot loop or what-so-ever for my device. My feeling is the latest unstable version is smoother than the stable version.

Thxk traysh for this nice must-apt for N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to bnwg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bnwg View Post
I've installed the latest unstable version for few days and actually found it quite stable. This is the alarm bug which is well aware by traysh as known bug and can be solved by a simple reboot. No reboot loop or what-so-ever for my device. My feeling is the latest unstable version is smoother than the stable version.

Thxk traysh for this nice must-apt for N9.
same here, thanks you very much!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to joakung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
3 Days with unstable version, without any problem.
Thanks Traysh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
First off, this is a godsend of an app. The difference I've seen in scrolling, opening up messages and contacts, and especially in opening up the camera app, since installing this is astounding.

Just a note, though, and this is probably related to the alarm bug. The first time I installed the stable version, I didn't reboot. A short while later I noticed that I had several chat and email messages as well as an SMS, but there hadn't been any sounds/tones. I confirmed this by sending an SMS to myself from another phone - no sound.

After rebooting, the sounds were restored. It's a tiny bug, as far as I'm concerned, but nothing that stops fastern9 from being a must-have app.
Yes, it is related to the alarm bug. System sounds won't work.

1. Thank you very much for your job. This app is something what every Nokia N9 need.
2. Did anyone solve the problem with GPS? I realy hate when I need to know direction and I have to wait sometimes about 30 minutes then GPS locate my position.
3. Did anyone know, how can I have battery life in % on notification bar? Next to battery icon?
(sorry for my english)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi koficka, the GPS issue isn't present any longer...Weird you are getting it...Maybe change your GPS locator to suppl.google.com?

For your battery question you need to use N9QTweak Tweak T-3...Read the wiki for more info on it...

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Hi koficka, the GPS issue isn't present any longer...Weird you are getting it...Maybe change your GPS locator to suppl.google.com?

For your battery question you need to use N9QTweak Tweak T-3...Read the wiki for more info on it...
Ok. The battery percentage I have already done. But its sad to look how fast is my battery drained.
The GPS issue still reminds. I tried to change GPS provider, but it doesnt help. Is here anybody who solve this issue? Someone who had that problem and instaling fastern9 solve it. That now it runs fast, not with 30minutes delay?

Originally Posted by koficka View Post
1. Thank you very much for your job. This app is something what every Nokia N9 need.
2. Did anyone solve the problem with GPS? I realy hate when I need to know direction and I have to wait sometimes about 30 minutes then GPS locate my position.
3. Did anyone know, how can I have battery life in % on notification bar? Next to battery icon?
(sorry for my english)
Best option to show Battery percentage like "58 %".
Not in status bar, But you get it on Lockscreen. Very usefull.
Use BillBoard app. Insert battery option to show up on Lockscreen, but also manually insert '%' character in the same field.

Check the image for App settings :
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by koficka View Post
The GPS issue still reminds. I tried to change GPS provider, but it doesnt help. Is here anybody who solve this issue? Someone who had that problem and instaling fastern9 solve it. That now it runs fast, not with 30minutes delay?
Well this is a bit weird as I'm using fastern9 and it doesn't take more than 30secs to get a lock and that too while I'm indoors...

Are you sure uninstalling fastern9 solves your GPS issue?

Or maye you have some other tweak/mod that is affecting the GPS?