Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
OK i've made some changes

* removed statusbar
* limited zoom-out to 0.5 scale minimum (reduce crashes)
* remapped hotkeys for more useful N810 experience
* recompiled with faster CFLAGS (seems faster at least)
-------------------------------------------------trying to implement
- hildon banner show information when command key is pressed (e.g. zoomlevel)
Great! Can you make a diff and post it, and I'll update my sources.
I think we have to #ifdef Hildon-specific changes (or what's the best way to do this)... And contact the original author.
I won't have time to look at this until tonight (swedish time). Keep on hacking...
:-)
Thanks Anders

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Great! Can you make a diff and post it, and I'll update my sources.
I think we have to #ifdef Hildon-specific changes (or what's the best way to do this)... And contact the original author.
I won't have time to look at this until tonight (swedish time). Keep on hacking...
:-)
Thanks Anders
The only code changes (see my prior post) went into.
drawwindow.py

If you want to test these, first back-up
/usr/share/mypaint/python/drawwindow.py
then copy this version over it.

For those with N810s here's a little cheat-sheet for the keyboard controls:

I just made these changes to suit my tastes, really. Feel free to use them if you like them of course!

ok i HAVE to STOP.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-04-04 at 13:48. Reason: added freehand drawing with mypaint

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Any chance this could be made to work on OS2007?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post

ok i HAVE to STOP.

Beautiful drawing, this program and Numptyphysics have redefined my tablet use over the last few days.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I'm with you. Getting the hotkeys and interface to be as fluid and intuitive as possible should probably be the number one priority. I find myself stumbling over the interface a bit right now, and I think a good hotkey setup could really help here.
Within the first half-hour of use, I had remapped every key that I'd used more than once already -- Z for undo, . (dot) for clear, J I L ; for the scroll directions.

I wonder though what reliance on the keyboard does for N800 use — and I'm expecting my two kids to want to tablet-draw at the same time (it's the nature of siblings, right?).

Maybe a customizable tool palette could be kept on-screen so a single tap performs one of those actions or any other that one really wants — a couple brushes, the opacity dialog, zoom, brush size, etc. Even show the main menu, to enable a consistent "tap" interface.

This isn't a complaint — having MyPaint is so fabulous I'm just anticipating dealing with the family demand.

Me, I'm still tryijng to figure out the difference between Speed1 and Speed2. I hope we can get an expanded How-To soon for the NIT version.

Roger

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
still ok in my eyes...
mtpaint all the way......

sorry, how do I install this. it says it depends on python2.5-hildon. where can I get this?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
sorry, how do I install this. it says it depends on python2.5-hildon. where can I get this?
Enable Extras.

how do I enable extras?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
how do I enable extras?
Application manager -> Menu: Tools -> Application catalog...: maemo Extras -> Edit: Uncheck Disabled -> OK -> Close -> OK