Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
seem screenshot.not.work, i cant.see.that folder in media manager
Weird, it works for me. What screenshot app are you using? I'm using the one called Screenshot from Jolla store.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Weird, it works for me. What screenshot app are you using? I'm using the one called Screenshot from Jolla store.
Thanks
it is ok now

Have anyone managed to get Yatse paid version, or any kind of upnp/mediaserver to work?
Streaming music to my onkyo receiver and video/videolinks to my raspbmc is the thing i miss the most on my jolla.

Last edited by sombrer0; 2014-02-05 at 00:10.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I have a little probkem with Waze app. It stop to show speedometer and not do audio notification about speed cameras, only popup window.
Found one solution for speedometer, but it temporary... Uncheck "show speedometer" and restart waze, check it again.. On the next opening of waze you need to do this again..
For audio notification about speed camera, still can't find solution...
Already tried to remove app, deleting all waze data, install again, but still same problems..

Anyone know solution ?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Tested Sport Tracker's Android-version today, worked fine with exception of maps (which I can live without). Tracking was actually much more accurate than with N9. Battery consumption was not bad either, with 1h tracking battery went from 39% to 31%.
I was using Sports tracker first time on January and everything Ok (except maps).
BUT. Next time and now always it count my time but no track!
Anybody have the same issue?
Or maybe somebody knows other sports or running app which works on Jolla?

Thanks
Milko

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Swiched from Netflix to HBO due to the new Game of Thrones season.

Netflix Android app worked flawlessly on Jolla. HBO Nordic app worked fine when I downloaded and used it for the first time, but after that first time I'm just getting device not registered messages.

Moral of the story; use Netflix.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Moral of the story; use Netflix.
Well, I rather read the moral as "Do not use Android apps in your Jolla"

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, I rather read the moral as "Do not use Android apps in your Jolla"
I would read that as " Do not use Jolla".

But never mind me. Obviously continue with the random TMO Android hate.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
My biggest concern is the fact that Viber is still not able to syncronize the contacts with Jolla phonebook. I only have the contacts that cot synced two OS updates ago and no new ones. Any solutions?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I've been having an issue with Google Play Store since months, but never managed to try to fix it so far because i was afraid I would have to tweak a lot of things and uninstall all my Android applications to clear Dalvik settings. Now with the last update and Patchmanager that has significantly polished my Sailfish experience, I feel it's time to do something!

Well, after this useless introduction, my problem is that Play will crash everytime I launch it, with an error message inside the application saying something like "Google Play Store has stopped." All other Android applications work quite well (I've had some random crashes here and there, but nothing to worry about I think), including Google Settings.

Of course, first thing I wanted to try was to uninstall and reinstall it... But I cannot uninstall it, either by long press on the icon or by using apkd-uninstall. The icon will never disappear and the app will still try to launch if I tap it after trying uninstallation.

I have been trying to delete /data/data/com.android.vending, then the same plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf, then I noticed that Google Settings still kept information of my account so I guessed all settings had not been removed, so I tried deleting the two aforementioned folders plus /data/data/com.google.android.gsf.login. I rebooted, and then still no success at uninstalling Play afterwards. Launching it took some more time before crash than it usually did, but it finally crashed anyway and now crashes are instantaneous like before.

Should I delete /opt/alien/system (after backing up /opt/alien/system/app somewhere to keep .apk files), uninstall Dalvik and resinstall it afterwards? Will it uninstall all my Android apps? Any solutions?

Thanks, and sorry for the wall fo text.

tl;dr
Google Play crashes like hell, Google Play won't uninstall, Google Play cannot be defeated. Halp.

[Edit] Reinstalling the Play Store using the howto published on Jollatides over the existing Play Store installation did not help.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-04-12 at 01:49.

Tags
aindroid, essential apps