Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Another example of why you all should do something with your USB, like soldering down the damm thing to make it much stronger

How long will you wait!! (every user)
Won't doing this invalidate the warranty? My primary N900's cell modem has recently stopped working and according to Nokia's website it is still under warranty so I'll probably send it back this week or next (if a flash doesn't fix it). I'd rather not do anything potentially destructive while I still might need the warranty. Also I'm not terribly confident with my soldering skills, I'd probably be able to do it, but I still don't want to risk damaging a working N900.

I'm content with using an external battery charger and treating the USB port with care when I do need to use it.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well the reports are coming in that you can't get a N900 to replace your N900 unless your lucky, and i don't give much for warranty, that's why my N900 is modded beyond warranty, have taken it apart many times, and now i know that USB wont be a problem for me.

If it can't be fixed under warranty, then they'll send me a new phone, which I can sell, then hopefully find another N900 to buy and make some cash on the deal. I bought my second N900 back in January so I'll still have one at least.

Yes but why not upgrade the 2 you have, believe me that this is VERY easy to do, doesn't take long to do, only rear cover.

If we all where close together (same country) then i and probably Estel & abill_uk would do this for you all.

Looking back i actually think i have never used any warranty on anything i have.... no can't think about a single thing....

ohh yes through 5 years i have gotten 4 HDD's replaced.

Because one of my N900s is now useless as a phone. My choice is to make use of the warranty, or just accept I can only use it as a tablet from now on. There is the other issue I had with the same N900 a couple of weeks ago with spurious graphical gliches, which persisted across several reboots. And although they stopped I get the feeling I can't trust the hardware in this N900 much longer, so I might as well make use of the warranty whether I get it replaced with a N900 or not. You may not value the warranty, but I do. And it will be the second time I've used the warranty for this N900, the first being for a broken USB port.

I'm well aware of the potential issue with the USB port having experience it first hand, but it still suits me to mitigate the risk through filing the hooks on the cable plug for the occasions I do have to use it, and using an external battery charger.

hi everyone i m having problem in charging my n900 . when i pluged my mobile for charging then it shows charging but actually it dont charge.. tell me whats the problem..

can be USB, can be if you have been messing around with deeper settings in power kernel or have been messing around with nitdroid or other?

if this is something that has suddenly begone to happen then 99.5% it's the USB, now you have following choices:

- Keep using it until it breaks off and do the whole warranty thing, and be VERY lucky to get a new N900...

- Goto my thread and fix it your self, if charging problems have accrued then you will need to do the solder down and see if you are lucky and reheat/resolder the pins from the USB.

Again link in my signature

yes i think its on usb mod.. once before this happened but automatically problem vanished ( i dont know how.) but this time its not hapening

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Do you really need an answer to that ????.
i just try to find out why my case is so different. To everybody here nokia responds tha it cannot be repair and they offer another phone. Why they tell me that they can repair it and have to pay 60E even under warranty? The nokia care shop i visited told me that they have sent it at the main nokia service.
Is there anybody that was asked to pay for a repair under warranty?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by panatha13 View Post
i just try to find out why my case is so different. To everybody here nokia responds tha it cannot be repair and they offer another phone. Why they tell me that they can repair it and have to pay 60E even under warranty? The nokia care shop i visited told me that they have sent it at the main nokia service.
Is there anybody that was asked to pay for a repair under warranty?
The usb port is a design fault and you have stated it is still under warranty so WHY are you even thinking about paying 60 euro for a repair UNDER WARRANTY ?

Is this Nokia repair shop on mars or something? they do not understand what a warranty repair is ????.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty