Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
... Samsung is open sourcing their drivers for their Galaxy line. .....
This would be awesome...I'm looking at the Tab or the Mesmerize (Galaxy S for USCellular)...

It's really too bad I can't program my way out of a binary tree...

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well some Android device drivers are open source. I believe Samsung is open sourcing their drivers for their Galaxy line. But even then I don't think it's fully open drivers. Not sure about that though.
People keep saying this, but the drivers that are open source are either in the kernel already or are getting pushed up. Graphics drivers still persist in being closed source and are the primary killer for any reasonably usable ports of OSes between platforms.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Since Maemo is good for everyday use, but the older I get, the worse my sight is going..

Is there an existing way to seat Maemo to Samsung Galaxy with ist 7" screen and still able to make calls?

Thanks !

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pyykkhe View Post
Since Maemo is good for everyday use, but the older I get, the worse my sight is going..

Is there an existing way to seat Maemo to Samsung Galaxy with ist 7" screen and still able to make calls?

Thanks !
No. The closest one so far would be Anemo by Smoku. And even that is hardware-dependent due to closed drivers.

Your best option would be to look for Cordia (again, by Smoku) since it is Hildon UI over MeeGo's core. Here's the talk.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I honestly think we should revive this thread.
So much has changed

Last edited by x_Blaze.It.Beau_x; 2016-01-18 at 03:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to x_Blaze.It.Beau_x For This Useful Post: