it's going to be released in october mate hopefully nokia is trying its best at the release date check this link http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssC...37277520090916

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaKing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
it's going to be released in october mate hopefully nokia is trying its best at the release date check this link http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssC...37277520090916
glad you posted that i don't see how Nokia could not see that this device would blow up. This is the type of device a community like this been asking for.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Guys,

just saw this so thought Ill share it with you.

"Tentative delivery date: November 2009. "

on the Nokia UK website.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
And I found the following on nokia.it:
Disponibilità prevista: fine ottobre
Which means, it is expected to be available at the end of October.

This is starting to look bad :P

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
On eXpansys, it is said that the expected release date is 19 October.

Lots of the top Nokia brass involved in this product are talking about final firmware being ready around mid-October, so the dates around that time/late October look to be in line with those comments.

I am still sticking wth the nokiablog for 27th just to make my self happy, or even the nokia usa CS says its mid october and when i asked specifically was told should be delivering the phone with in 2nd week of october.

And didn't this kind of date change rumor was going for a while when the N97 was on pre-order but it did ended up being available on the same expected delivery date?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Well my spare battery and 16GB sd card have arrived from Nokia....
Just waiting for the damn phone now ;-)

Ah the waiting is killing me, and more the fact that on the UK shop it doesn't specify any expected ship date...
LOL! I'm waiting for the phone, too. But i'm holding off the purchasing of spare batteries until I get the phone. It'll be not only my first nokia device, but my first maemo device, and I'm a little worried :$ and scared. So Nokia said I get 14 days to try it out and decide (well I decided when I pre-ordered, they're just giving me 14 days to return it! lol).

But yeah, Maybe I should just buy a spare battery now xD I know I'm going to kill the damn thing in 4 hours flat! haha.

PS: Shipping in Spain (where I am) said "estimated 3-4 weeks" DAMN YOU NOKIA! I hope it comes out soon! Like EARLY october :P

The swedish nokia store has announced that the preliminary delivery date is week 44 so it seems like we have to wait for a while.

Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
Lots of the top Nokia brass involved in this product are talking about final firmware being ready around mid-October, so the dates around that time/late October look to be in line with those comments.
Remember that the updates are OTA, so it could come out during that time, and not later. (Normally phones already manufactured before the final firmware is done have to be re-flashed before packaging, but Nokia might not do that).

The finnish operators say they will have the phone last or second last week of october. Usually this means retailers will have the phone a week or two before. (Retailers get first dibs). And Nokia usually release phones first or close to first in Finland.

I'd say mid-to late october is reasonable.

I wonder if Nokia delayed the release from early oct to late oct to build more devices & convert a few more production lines to the N900 because of how much more interest it has generated than what they thought?