Notices

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Hi there

I've been searching for a while for a port of AssualtCube for Maemo but no luck... it doesn't exist

http://assault.cubers.net/

AssaultCube is a FREE multiplayer first-person shooter game, based on the CUBE engine.

It small (<50megs) and free.

The graphics and gameplay are simple and plain, but the servers are always busy and it has some interesting modes.

I think it would be more popular then Quake Areana.
So i'm surprised it hasn't been ported.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
AssaultCube is based on Cube engine and it shouldn't be so hard to port because the engine is already ported to iPhone (and OpenGL ES). So someone should port the original cube first for maemo using the iPhone port.

BUT I think that porting FPS games for devices like N900 isn't so smart. They are realy hard to play in my in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I love to play FPS games (including Cube games) on PC. Anyway if some is interested doing this port that person should do it. That way you can easily learn new things about programming and porting.
Guitar Chords

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by TomppaS View Post
BUT I think that porting FPS games for devices like N900 isn't so smart. They are realy hard to play in my in my opinion. Don't get me wrong.
I think you never heard of the GameGripper before?
Just use the D-Pad to move, use Volume down to shoot, volume up for something else, and use the stylus to aim. (Just like on the Nintendo DS)

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
I have the game grip but can't use it beacuase of the the otter box casing
Would the assaultcube armel build for ubuntu work?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by bingomion View Post
I have the game grip but can't use it beacuase of the the otter box casing
You mean the Mugen Power case? I have one of those too and the game gripper still fits on it very well