Originally Posted by mautz View Post
@edp17

What is the purpose of step 8? And pkcon refresh and version --dup do not require root.
Step 8 was required (set password for root on the phone) otherwise from the pc I could not login as root. (It did not accept the root password. But when I changed/set the same as was/ the root password on the phone in fingerterm, I was able to login as root from the pc.)

However if the pkcon refresh and version --dup do not require root, then we can skip step 8. As I said this it how have done and how it worked without any problems for me.

@edp17

Any news on your port?
Finally I have managed to solve the issues with the repo.
The problem was the faulty hdd in my PC. (However it was only 2 months old.)
Because of the hdd I/O problems, my host randomly automatically re-mounted the / file system (including my /home) as read only. As I didn't realize this when I was following the steps in the HADK, when I got a symptom of the wrong hdd, I tried to workaround it. Obviously that has messed up my sfos build environment. Badly.

Anyway, after replacing the hdd I started everything from scratch again.

This time worked the repo init, the download of cm-12.1, everything else!
I let the download run over the night and got some sleep but by the morning my pc downloaded all files.

So, I have completed the 'repo sync --fetch-submodules' step and now am at step "5.3 Configure Mountpoint Information" where I need a little help to understand it. I am not sure whether I need to do something with this step at this point or this is just an information (explanation) for the later steps.
I much appreciated if somebody could help me out with answering to this.

@mautz, Can I ask you to send me your hammerhead.xml from the local_manifest folder, please?
I added that two lines the hadk suggested 'device/lge/hammerhead' and 'kernel/lge/hammerhead' plus added three more 'hybris/droid-hal-version-hammerhead', 'hybris/droid-configs' and the 'rpm' but I am not sure whether this is enough or I need to add something else too. Thanks.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
You can skip the mountpoint section. Could you post your hammerhead.xml?

Would be better to continue this in the cm12.1 thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
You can skip the mountpoint section. Could you post your hammerhead.xml?

Would be better to continue this in the cm12.1 thread.
Yes, that's a good idea. I will post my hammerhead.xml there.

I have got a question.
On 2.0.4.13 I am using the libpurple-plugin-facebook (together with the haze-accounts-extensions-facebookmessenger). In short (you know that) I can read/reply to messages from facebook messenger in the Sailfish navive messenger app.
When I tried to install the same on 3.2.0.12 it is complaining about the missing libfarstream-0.1.so.0.
Where from I can get this?

Or what else can I use instead of this plugin? (Unfortunately the SailBook doesn't pull the messages only if it is running.)

Thanks.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I have got a question.
On 2.0.4.13 I am using the libpurple-plugin-facebook (together with the haze-accounts-extensions-facebookmessenger). In short (you know that) I can read/reply to messages from facebook messenger in the Sailfish native messenger app.
When I tried to install the same on 3.2.0.12 it is complaining about the missing libfarstream-0.1.so.0.
Where from I can get this?

Or what else can I use instead of this plugin? (Unfortunately the SailBook doesn't pull the messages only if it is running.)

Thanks.
Well, I have found the source here (this is version 1.2) but it doesn't compile.
I installed some missing packages (libnice, libnice-devel, gstreamer1.0, gstreamer1.0-devel, gstreamer1.0-plugins-base, gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-devel) but the ./configure is still moaning about "no gstreamer-0.10 >= 0.10.33 (GStreamer) found)

Then I downloaded the 2.8 from here and it did compile and install but when I tried to install the haze-accounts-extensions-facebookmessenger (more precisely one of its dependenies libpurple-nss) it was still moaning that there is no libfarstream-0.1.so.0. (However I just have installed the 2.8! )

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
You could check if it works when you make a symbolic link to libfarstream-0.2.so.5.

Sorry, i have never used any of the social media things in Sailfish.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
A native video/voip call app would be awesome.
Cepi, Coderus or anybody else who has the knowledge is not planning to work on that?

I have seen the shout out to the community on the togetherjolla website.
I am happy to support the development with donation and testing. (Unfortunately cannot help with the coding as I am lack of A LOT knowledge on many areas. )

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ New England
Hi, I recently installed SfOS 3.2 on my Nexus 5 on top of CM. Thanks to the steps at the beginning of this thread! Just about everything is working ( gestures, sms, cellular, WLAN, etc...) except a few key things.

-BT is not working correctly, pairing works at first, but fails to reconnect after the initial pairing. At least with my cars BT.

-audio/media playback is pretty wonky. The volume rockers a on the N5 don't work or show up in the software for volume control.

-Playing MP3s kinda works. I can start playback with the native media player but the only way to stop the track is by closing the app. And the volume is not controllable at all.

Tried playing an audiobook MP3 with Talefish, but nothing is working. The file shows up and seems to start playing, but no audio and no movement in the track timer/counter.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to canadien666 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by canadien666 View Post
Hi, I recently installed SfOS 3.2 on my Nexus 5 on top of CM. Thanks to the steps at the beginning of this thread! Just about everything is working ( gestures, sms, cellular, WLAN, etc...) except a few key things.

-BT is not working correctly, pairing works at first, but fails to reconnect after the initial pairing. At least with my cars BT.

-audio/media playback is pretty wonky. The volume rockers a on the N5 don't work or show up in the software for volume control.

-Playing MP3s kinda works. I can start playback with the native media player but the only way to stop the track is by closing the app. And the volume is not controllable at all.

Tried playing an audiobook MP3 with Talefish, but nothing is working. The file shows up and seems to start playing, but no audio and no movement in the track timer/counter.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Ahoy,

Welcome aboard!

If you only followed the instruction in the first post, you didn't install the 3.2 version but 3.0.3.9.
This should be upgraded to 3.1.0.12 then it is possible to upgrade 3.2.0.12. Please follow this instruction.

Some questions:
- Is it a multirom or normal installation?
- What version number do you see in Settings/About product/Build?
- How do you mean 'audio/media playback is pretty wonky'? In what app the volume rockers don't show up?
- What app have you used for playing mp3?
- The audiobook is an mp3, it can be played with the built in mp3 player too. Can you try that whether you see any difference? (You can try to install kodi from openrepos as that handles mp3 and video too.)

I have been used that version from the first post for long time and didn't experience these problems. (Although I never tried to connect it to a car BT system, but used without issues with my BT speaker.)

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post: