Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
Im uninstalling easy debian and power kernel. im gonna run it stock speed from now on...
Keep power kernel, just run it at the stock 600mhz with the lowest supported voltages of your N900. Will surely live even longer

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
I love my n900. But the writing is on the wall. Looks like we have 2 companies trying desperately to become relevant again. Can you smell the desperation? I can. MS sees its dominance in the desktop becoming less and less relevant in a world that doesn't need a desktop as much anymore. Nokia's has failed miserably in the smartphone world. Had they focused more on the n900 and maemo they may have been an option for consumers. After their failure to support the n900, why would anyone expect more from WP7. Pride goes before the fall and the unmitigated arrogance and ineptitude of these companies are coming home to roost. After the last few fails of these companies, and they way they have treated the "eco-system", I can't imagine any developers wanting to bother with these companies. They'll need to sell at least half a billion phones for anyone to bother. Epic tragedy.

MeeGo is dead

Will the existing Maemo closed-source components possibly be opened now?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Keep power kernel, just run it at the stock 600mhz with the lowest supported voltages of your N900. Will surely live even longer
or just get a second one =) they are getting cheaper and cheaper

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Will the existing Maemo closed-source components possibly be opened now?
No chance at all now, unless WikiLeaks gets hold of the source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
I actually like the idea of nokia and ms. Nokia still make the best hardware for me.Their build quality is great too

Lets not forget samsung take ages to release updates - e.g all the galaxy range ( and yes i own a tab and a galaxy s)

sony ericsson - look at the x10 and others, no 2.2 for them at all and no xda devs port so far.

lg - piss poor in general.

htc are ok but still make hardware which is questionable in terms of durability - screen issues and the old htc tytn 2/ nearly all htc phones video driver problem for which i have not forgiven them ( i owned a tytn2).

the only other option is th eiphone and ill be lloking closely at the iphone 5 but id rather a nokia build with wp7. ultimatley we all more or less started with win mo anyway so its just continuing the trend.

theres no need for anyone to abandon ship unless you think for some reason the grass is greener on the other side.

still happy with my n900.

Holy crap...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i used to like wp7 (as far as i can tell), but i read in the wp7-wiki, that it doesnt allow custom ringtones...?! thats a dealbreaker for me.
to be clear: does that mean custom ringtones in general or custom ringtones for individual contacts?

It was going to be MeeGo instead of "Windows Phone".

MeeGo R&D cut by a lot.
MeeGo will be turned into an "experimental" OS (just like maemo was...)

This sucks.
I'll ignore nokia for a couple years, probably won't visit this forum anymore (whats the point? lol)
I've started developing my android app and I've installed android on my old phone thanks to the XDA devel guys.
Good times.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceaboust For This Useful Post:

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks