Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
hi all,
is there any chance someone could make an app that simply 'secures device' so that instead of pessing power key then selecting 'secure device' i can just touch an icon on the desktop to 'secure device'?

the reason for wanting this is because most of the time i cant be bothered to do the above to fully lock my phone and instead i just lock screen and keys using the slider but then come back to my phone to find someone messing with it!

as an afterthought even better would be an app that changes the behaviour of double power key press or slide of slider from 'lock screen and keys' to 'secure device' as i always use the slider on the right to 'lock screen and keys'

anyone think they could/would do this?

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Why tweakr doesn't have this option ?

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
hi all,
is there any chance someone could make an app that simply 'secures device' so that instead of pessing power key then selecting 'secure device' i can just touch an icon on the desktop to 'secure device'?

the reason for wanting this is because most of the time i cant be bothered to do the above to fully lock my phone and instead i just lock screen and keys using the slider but then come back to my phone to find someone messing with it!

as an afterthought even better would be an app that changes the behaviour of double power key press or slide of slider from 'lock screen and keys' to 'secure device' as i always use the slider on the right to 'lock screen and keys'

anyone think they could/would do this?
You could use desktop command execution widget.
The wiki page has some dbus call examples
http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman....29_the_device

regards
nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
You could use desktop command execution widget.
The wiki page has some dbus call examples
http://wiki.maemo.org/Desktop_Comman....29_the_device

regards
nicolai
Before you ask for a step-by-step tutorial...

1. Install Desktop Command Execution Widget. (it's in Maemo Extras.)
2. Add the widget to your desktop
3. Configure the widget. (Go to Edit Desktop mode, then click the gear or wrench on the widget.)
4. Click "Add Cmd"
5. Name (title) it whatever you want.
6. Put

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.system_ui /com/nokia/system_ui/request com.nokia.system_ui.request.devlock_open string:"com.nokia.mce" string:"/com/nokia/mce/request" string:"com.nokia.mce.request" string:"devlock_callback" uint32:'3' | echo ""
in the "Command" box.
7. Click save.
8. Click Commands, scroll through, find your new command, and adjust the size to your liking.
9. Turn off "Update when clicked" and "Update when switched to the desktop."
10. Set update interval to "0" (never).
11. Save.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Edit (nano/vi/echo/leafpad/whatever) /usr/share/applications/hildon/lockdevice.desktop as root:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0.0	
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Lock Device
Exec=dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.system_ui /com/nokia/system_ui/request com.nokia.system_ui.request.devlock_open string:"com.nokia.mce" string:"/com/nokia/mce/request" string:"com.nokia.mce.request" string:"devlock_callback" uint32:'3'
Icon=general_locked
Type=Application
X-App-Loading-Image=none
Not tested, but I don't see a reason it shouldn't work. Tested, works.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-07-18 at 21:10. Reason: Added X-App-Loading-Image=none

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: