Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Breeze5 View Post
Why do i have only 249,96 BogoMIPS?
Because that's what it should be. I don't know why jperez2009 gets double the number. Overclock?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
ok, because i clock mine a little bit 805-850Mhz. Maybe he has like 1000-1050Mhz =)
But what does a fake one say in cpuinfo?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
The BogoMIPS show you current clock rate of CPU. (more or less )

So 250 minimum, 500 can be often seen, 600 is possible on stock devices. On KP equipped and overclocked devices they may look different/higher.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-12-13 at 22:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
In other words, jperez2009 was either running something on the background that raised the current CPU freqency or he has overclocked the lower limit above the default 250 MHz.

Back to your question, I doubt you could tell a fake N900 by dumping /proc/cpuinfo. I mean, there is no (longer?) such (a) thing as a completely fake N900, only a lot of refurbished devices that are being sold as "new". A complete fake (a device that looks like an N900 but has completely different electronics inside) would most likely not even have a terminal in which to type 'cat'.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Sweden
ok, because i'm gonna buy a refurb one so it's not gonna be a fake one. I get the orginal box and stuff. So if you are looking for a "new" they use to be refubished then.
thanks

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Hungary
Hello!

I just recently bought an used device. There was some dirt and dust under the digitizer, so i checked how to dis- and reassemble it (i was working at Nokia for near 2 years, assembling phones, so i know a bit about this kind of work). It turned out that the previous owner did some nasty job to the poor soul. Some screws are missing, others were replaced by other types which damaged some part of it. Luckily near everyting is functional, except that it does not recognise for example when i open the keyboard.

I am curious, if even the fake devices have the right type of housings and other parts, with which i could replace my damaged ones.

Originally Posted by viktor80 View Post
I am curious, if even the fake devices have the right type of housings and other parts, with which i could replace my damaged ones.
You don't need a fake device just to get a bunch of screws. Buy one of the spare housing kits on eBay for about a tenner (whichever convertible currency) and you are set.

For your keyboard problem see my experience in this thread. It is quite likely the damn magnet again.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Hungary
Thank you for the response! Sadly some screw holes are badly damaged, so i'd need a full body replacement. I'll consider buying one that you mentioned in your review. You walked this path already for us, this way its more easy to start with.

Thanks!

Another options is to buy a black one and replace just the parts with damaged screw holes. My experience shows that the more parts you use from the original the better

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
i've always learned to check for the white paint on the nokia lettering on the face of the device.. Sometimes I go a bit further, open it up and see if there are any Silver screws, or Chinese parts.. I've bought a Chinese nokia n900 by accident once.. It came in a Lumia case with none of the original packaging. The original seller was claiming that it was new.. It had all of the listed problems. Always buy within the country you live in and never buy anything from China or it's surrounding countries. Not trying to be prejudice against the fine and wonderful people of China, but there is a lot of bootlegging that goes on there.

Tags
identify by, working usb