Active Topics

lately i installed the CSSU which is of course amazing.
but when i enable the "forced rotation" feature and open lock screen
(the thing where you have to slide to unlock) in portrait mode its all messed up. i cant take a screen shot, but you can try it on your own.
my question is, would anyone consider fixing it and making a patch?

For me it looks same with or without rotation lock .

do you mean that your lock screen is landscaped even though you hold the phone in portrait mode?are you sure you enabled force rotation in the "transitions.ini" file?
is there any reason it would act this way only on my device?

Originally Posted by abadi View Post
lately i installed the CSSU which is of course amazing.
but when i enable the "forced rotation" feature and open lock screen
(the thing where you have to slide to unlock) in portrait mode its all messed up. i cant take a screen shot, but you can try it on your own.
my question is, would anyone consider fixing it and making a patch?
Hi,

for me the lock screen in portrait mode is not messed up at all - only the default background image is somehow looking weird. You could simply use another background image (depends on theme) and you are set

I think the OP is talking about the lockscreen image.

The background image of the lockscreen that only has a landscape orientation.

This landscape image crops and shuffles when in portrait meaning it looks somewhat odd unless you have a very plain background :P

Problem isn there isn't any portraitLockscreen files included unlike the portrait lockslider files that have always been there courtesy of nokia

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

but for me its not just the background- the slider itself is out of his frame, which is shown two times on the screen, and slider is in neither of them. also the battery sign of maenotify is shown twice- its like the screen is doubled. but the right side of the screen, where the netwotk signal is to be found- is not there at all..
any solutions?

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
but the question is why to go for the portrait mode when it's not proper .
like the phone is all landscape then why to force it for the portrait ?

well i had the same issue a month back and what i have decided is to settle my self down with what i originally have :P
so my orientation lock is enable and that forced rotation is unchecked and i am happy to use it they way it is letting me to :P

Originally Posted by eefo View Post
but the question is why to go for the portrait mode when it's not proper .
like the phone is all landscape then why to force it for the portrait ?

well i had the same issue a month back and what i have decided is to settle my self down with what i originally have :P
so my orientation lock is enable and that forced rotation is unchecked and i am happy to use it they way it is letting me to :P
Its true its buggy but the extra functionality FAR outweighs the drawbacks for me. But thats my oppinion :P

As for the OP. Try a different theme or replace the lockslider part of ur theme with files from the alpha or beta themes located at

Code:
/usr/sbin/share/themes/alpha
and

Code:
/usr/sbin/share/themes/beta
Otherwise your either gonna have to live with it, or disable the portrait mode

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

sorry for the ignorance, but how do i aplly those themes? when i turn to desktop edit mode i can choose only between "nokia nseries" to "digital nature" themes and they are both pretty much the same.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Mine was perfect, both landscape and portait. Although i use AWoken theme. With the new update it is messed up again It was definetely great with the previous one.