Notices

Closed Thread
You will upload today or some days later?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by murik View Post
You will upload today or some days later?
It is crashing a lot so I'm not sure if I'll be uploading it today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
It is crashing a lot so I'm not sure if I'll be uploading it today.
anyway thanks for good news, we'll be wait...

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
I'm still testing and fixing crashes. I had to contact PulseAudio directly through GStreamer to play voice notes even when the phone is Silent.
I have to admit I didn't even know that whatsapp allows voice notes. But I do find it weird that you want yappari to play voice notes when the user has explicitly set the phone to be silent.

I just hope you're doing this because you anyway need user interaction in order to play a voice note (in which case it would make sense). If the voice notes are played automatically without user interaction then I hope there's a way to deactivate it. In simple words: I don't want spam coming out of my pocket

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
I have to admit I didn't even know that whatsapp allows voice notes. But I do find it weird that you want yappari to play voice notes when the user has explicitly set the phone to be silent.

I just hope you're doing this because you anyway need user interaction in order to play a voice note (in which case it would make sense). If the voice notes are played automatically without user interaction then I hope there's a way to deactivate it. In simple words: I don't want spam coming out of my pocket
You always have to press the play button to listen to the voice note. No automatic play.

EDIT: Nokia interpretation of Silent is "no ringtones" and I do like that interpretation. You should have realized by now that even when your phone is Silent the Media Player plays files with no problem.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-09-26 at 15:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
You always have to press the play button to listen to the voice note. No automatic play.

EDIT: Nokia interpretation of Silent is "no ringtones" and I do like that interpretation. You should have realized by now that even when your phone is Silent the Media Player plays files with no problem.
Not really, try to play a video through cutetube when silent profile is active. No sound will be played...
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Not really, try to play a video through cutetube when silent profile is active. No sound will be played...
That's because cutetube developer wasn't interested in figuring out how to do it.

But all applications that came with your phone when you bought it (that is all Nokia apps) produce sound even when the phone is silent.

Yappari 1.1.39 is alive now in extras/devel.

As usual and first: Thank you all for your donations! have been really helpful.

Features of 1.1.39 are:

* Fixed registration. I just tested it and it works, so no excuses.
* Push-to-talk: Press and hold the button and start talking, release to send. You have to at least talk 2 seconds to send something.
* There's a little green microphone icon at the side of the double green checkmark to indicate the other party listened to your voice note.
* Fixed random locations bug where the "Go" button wasn't working.
* I removed the "x stopped typing..." because it was annoying. If somebody stops typing/talking it just shows nothing.

You can all start testing!

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that there's also an option to change the quality of the voice notes you send:

- AAC (default), files are around 64 KB in size in average depending on how much you talk of course.
- AMR (tiny files - low quality), files are around 5 KB and recipients get it instantly.

The problem is that AMR encoding seems to be slow so you have to release the button like 2 or 3 seconds after you finished talking to avoid cuts in your audio.

AAC works perfect though.

In contrast Android clients send superb high quality voice notes that are around 200 KB ~ 300 KB in size and I think that's annoying.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-09-26 at 23:07.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
upgraded now.
tried push to talk but is not working
with aac settings when tap and hold shows recording but the counter stay on 00:00 and nothing is sent
with amr not even recording appears just the "how to use" alert message every tapping on the microphone

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
upgraded now.
tried push to talk but is not working
with aac settings when tap and hold shows recording but the counter stay on 00:00 and nothing is sent
with amr not even recording appears just the "how to use" alert message every tapping on the microphone
Press and hold and keep your finger there don't move it and you should see the seconds increasing.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp