Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
Guys why i cannot get acess to ovitore i live in portugal and im on the latest firmware 1.3pr keep asking me to update my phone, but i dont have any update available!
Any ideas???
You provide very little information, and I think you will get a better/faster answer if you open a new topic.
But:

If you can't access the the website of the store on the N900 (the "Store" item is nothing more than a website bookmark), check if you installed something like HideUserAgent or changed the default browser with browser switcher. The Ovi store website of the N900 can only be accessed by MicroB using the default User agent string. I believe the error you describe occurs if you installed "HideUserAgent" from the maemo extras repository (=wrong user agent string for MicroB).

But Ovi store could also have problems (I sometimes can't download the .install files for some reason), or it may be a problem with dependencies if you activated third party or developer repositories.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Bought. Thank you for keeping N900 development!
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
Guys why i cannot get acess to ovitore i live in portugal and im on the latest firmware 1.3pr keep asking me to update my phone, but i dont have any update available!
Any ideas???
Disable the "Hide User Agent" app.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Can we have a landscape mode too? I know you wouldn't see much then... but I still prefer playing with the keyboard

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can we have a landscape mode too? I know you wouldn't see much then... but I still prefer playing with the keyboard
I'm sorry, but I don't think I will implement keyboard controls for a number of reasons. The most important one is that I don't think it will be used, because I think it degrades the game experience.

Using the touch screen makes ship movement MUCH more smooth. Have a look at videos on youtube of games like Raiden, super R-type or Gates of Zendocon, and focus on the player-ship movement. You clearly see the left/right/up/down pattern of the controller.

If you prefer to use the keyboard because your finger is blocking parts of the screen, try to place you finger below the ship. You do not have to touch the ship to make it move, the game uses the relative movement of your touch. So you can control the ship by touching anywhere on the screen.
The stylus also works very well!

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
The stylus also works very well!
This is true.

I like Flare Elite, it is really nice vertical SHMUP. Reminds me of Sidewinder and the likes from Amiga and C64.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Just bought this game today, I can thoroughly recommend it. excellent gameplay, nice graphics and very smooth (and addictive).

Bernard, any plans for add-on packs for this game?

Originally Posted by travla View Post
Bernard, any plans for add-on packs for this game?
No plans currently.

Also Flare Elite is on the "Featured" page for the N900 on Ovi Store!

I have no idea what makes an item featured or not, but it sounds very cool